1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Football 2015

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. MGibson

MGibson Tele-Meister

I am going to be playing a street fair in Auburn (GA) this Saturday. Some sort of acoustic music contest, scheduled to go on about 5:45. I'll be the old fat guy playing a classical guitar that nobody notices because of how pretty and talented the girl singing is. :cool:

2. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

You need to check your facts again, my friend.:D

3. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

I must have missed all of those major bowl appearances Utah has had since Oscar Meyer left. ;)

4. Guitarzan

Interestingly, the SEC has 10 teams in the Top 25, which is a record. All of the teams from the west are in there, and it won't stay that way because they will play each other and knock others out.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...sec-teams-in-top-25-including-all-of-sec-west

Texas has serious problems, and it is hard to understand the decline in a state with so much talent. Charlie Strong was always a defensive coach, but he made an unusual move in taking play calling away from his OC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-watsons-play-calling-duties-details-reaction

5. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Syracuse looking to go 2-0 against powerhouse Wake Forest this Saturday...heh heh..
    Three warm up games until LSU.

(It's a joke son. SU ain't that good)

6. rebelwoclue

Not what I claimed- I said they're doing fine- now in the top 25 and they beat Michigan again (for the second time in a row- last year it was in the big house). They also beat USC and UCLA last year and lost a couple of very close ones- I stand by what I said - they're doing fine...

7. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Illinois had an immediate opportunity to fire Beckman "for cause" without paying him another dollar. It was an "opportunity" they couldn't pass up.

8. rebelwoclue

Not too many surprises this week...
    John Daly has to be hatin' it though- Arkansas got beat by Toledo?
    BYU beating Boise was an upset I believe.
    Auburn barely got a win from what I saw...

9. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Truth be told, my knowledge of the situation is minimal at best. From what I've heard the AD probably needs to go also. Do you think Beckman is the only head to roll?

10. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Northwestern cracks the top 25. My parents went to Illinois but I root for Northwestern also. Pat Fitzgerald is a very likeable guy.

11. Guitarzan

That was a somewhat interesting weekend in college ball, it will get more interesting this weekend.

Jacksonville State is happy that it got to initiate Auburn's new scoreboard and bigscreen by putting up the first points on them.

Arkansas got it from Toledo after the fathead coach was dissing the Big 10 and OSU's schedule.

Ga. Tech probably caught a break with the injuries sustained by Notre Dame on Saturday, and ND barely survived Virginia.

Tennessee blew a victory at home against Oklahoma. I prank called a friend claiming to be from the alumni network and soliciting money for suicide prevention kits for UT fans. It is a very sick fanbase today.

12. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

More word of wisdom from Bielema:
    "I'm embarrassed for our fans," Bielema said after the game. "If there's a silver lining in any of it ... it's not a conference loss."

Attached Files:

13. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted

I'm not sure who he is fooling, there is no silver lining to that loss.

He should apologize to the fans again, this time for insulting their intelligence.......

14. rebelwoclue

Gotta love "always look for the bright side" of things...:rolleyes:

15. Guitarzan

When you are a fathead that talks funny but have a thin woman that looks good in a bikini (as long as you keep a fat coaching contract), you become a "look at the bright side" kind of guy.

16. Guitarzan

Well, it was an interesting weekend. A number of top 15 teams lost.

I expected Georgia to lose to Bammer, but Bammer manhandled them. The game was lost on the line of scrimmage.

Florida pounded Ole Miss, the only team that has beaten Bammer, by the same score, which was 38-10.

Notre Dame and UCLA met reality.

Ohio State struggled against Indianer.

Will anyone go undefeated?

17. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm with ya on the Dawgs. What an embarassment. I wasn't expecting a rousing victory, but I wasn't expecting to be Alabama's B-itch, either. Except for one lucky Chubb run, absolutely nothing from Georgia.

I expected better of them, but when you play girl's high school teams for your season warm-ups, what do you expect? Our criminal contingent tried to get off to a good start with terroristic threats to a waitress, but he got out of it, not that having him on the field did us any good.

Jeez, sometimes it's hard to be a Bulldawg. :rolleyes:

18. rebelwoclue

Don't look now, but...
    UTAH whomps Oregon and gets a bye week and rests up and moves up to No. 5?:confused:
    Cal coming into Ute's stadium on Saturday with ESPN College Gameday!
    I wish I was in SLC right now...:p

19. Guitarzan

I expected Georgia to lose, but not that badly. My personal estimation of Georgia's talent on both sides of the line was not and is not high. I told anyone that would listen that they got pushed around badly last season and in many instances this season. Some of it seems to be that they take plays and entire series off, but they are not big and fast enough to be an A level force either. UGA is playing 3 stars and a few 4's, and the rare 5. Bammer plays a number of 5's and a few 4's.

Georgia has not won on the LOS since the 2002 series, and then Richt was still playing a lot of Donnan recruits. He's had sensational QB's, RB's, TE's, and WR's as recruits, but he has not had a dominant group of linemen on both sides since the earliest days. It is an infirmity to a team that wants to line up and play a pro-style offense and power the ball down the field.

20. Guitarzan

The once and future powerful USC was a 17 point favorite at home last night and lost to meek, forgettable (and unranked) Washington. USC will likely be out of the polls on Monday.

The Huskies beat their former head coach.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.