1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

College Dropout clip

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jsnwhite619, Mar 6, 2021.

1. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

I shut the door to my office/music room today and played longer today than I probably have in a year or more. I get stuck always playing the same stuff for me demo clips, but I was pulling up old band setlists and had a blast. I started to post this in Twanger Central, but since it's my College Dropout amp I built last year (based on a Harvard), I'm running through my 1/4 power box I built from Rob's site, and all into my C8R Jensen cabinet, I figured the folks around here would be more up-to-date on everything I was talking about and part of the whole process.

I had the amp volume really low and in the non-parallel channel. As long as I was playing, I was trying to keep the noise to a minimum with the family home too. My 1/4 power box uses 2x 100W resistors - it never even got warm, but I'll admit it was not really getting much of a workout. I was running through my Blues Driver - I haven't even taken my pedalboard out of my equipment trunk in more than a year probably. I'm still loving the C8R in a big cabinet. It can get some gnarly vintage tones for that swampy blues/rock sound. That loose bass turns out to really be a big part of "that sound".

Anyway, I wish I could have had this setup when I was gigging steady!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.