Collecting old tools

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ted Keane, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Holic

I don't collect old tools, but I never will throw one away. When my grandfather died I accumulated quite a few old old tools. I use them all the time. Some of them are better than the ones that they make today. When I was a kid I loved playing with all of them. He had old cigar boxes and jars full of old nails and screws and old light bulbs, popsicle sticks, etc... Guess growing up in the depression made you appreciate the simple things. Waste not, want not. I miss him. My favorite times as a kid sometimes would be hammering nails into an old block of wood about a 6x6 x12 that his grandfather used to pound nails into. 7 generations since are still working on it. I think my plumber hammer is older than dust. It's very special in the way that every time I pick it up I realize how much work it's been through.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

I went down the old tool thing in the early 1970s. Eric Sloan woodworking stuff etc. I have tons of stuff from that era, some of which was old then.... all of which I used at some time... some of which I will apparently die with. so.... now I am 71... are there any real wood worker wannabes out there ????? might have something for you... pm me, tell me a story. might take a while... I'm senile

telemnemonics likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.