1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Coil tap switch hot up or down?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by AndrewCW, Mar 6, 2021.

1. AndrewCW

AndrewCW TDPRI Member

I’m doing an Esquire build based on a kit with some upgrades including a Cavalier Bakersfield/Fat Lion tapped pickup. Switching from the hotter Fat Lion to the tapped Bakersfield will be on a push/pull pot. I know it’s just my choice in the end but does anyone have an opinion on whether the hotter setting should be in the up or down position of the push/pull pot? The three way switch will be straight to jack/volume + no-load tone - probably .033 cap/ Eldred .0033 cap. 01588DD1-0A09-4E72-A79C-8138B1360F00.jpeg 0AEB17E0-F823-4797-A1D6-81FF024A7D2F.jpeg

87Lion likes this.
  2. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Down for "normal". You decide what normal is.

AAT65 and AndrewCW like this.
  3. AndrewCW

AndrewCW TDPRI Member

Yes that is my thinking. Unfortunately it is a guess as to what “normal” is until it’s done. So I’ll go with my gut that currently is that the hotter Fat Lion setting is likely to be the normal position.

Ricky D. likes this.
  4. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

I think that’s how I’d start off too — then if you find yourself spending more time in ‘up’ position you could change it easily enough.

AndrewCW likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.