Coffee After Work

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fuffydingo, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

I just like coffee, any time of day or night. Sadly I mainly drink instant unless I am on holiday or we have people round to eat.
    I do find some of the coffee house - Costa,Coffee Republic, etc. - very strong though, almost to the point of getting visual effects!

2. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Visual effects from Coffee? That would be something to see!:rolleyes:

3. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Friend of Leo's

And much cheaper than er... never mind. :D

fendertx likes this.
  4. eugeneoh531

eugeneoh531 TDPRI Member

4 pm is my cut off. I can drink as much coffee before then as I want, too. Made the mistake of having coffee with dessert after dinner last night...couldn't fall asleep when I was supposed to.

5. JustStartingOut

JustStartingOut Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Down in the park with a friend called Five
    Three cups in the morning for me. I grind the beans each day, it's so yummy when it's so fresh. That's usually it for the day, unless I go out for dinner. Something about a coffee after an 'out' meal that I just can't pass up. I really shouldn't have any past late afternoon/early evening, it does keep me up these days.

6. 017_017

017_017 Friend of Leo's

Me too. I can drink it before going to sleep without any problems.

7. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

I've recently started a new job, with an hour long Company Bus commute to Site.

I take a thermo cup filled with home made Latte ( microwave milk, 3 shots from Beans-to-Cup machine).

That's my only coffee at the moment as I can't stand Instant Coffee ..... Might have to take a cafetière (coffee press?) to the office for my fix.

Incidentally, I have just discovered the Omellette Wrap (2 broken fried eggs in a wrap with ketchup) ... portable and nutritious breakfast to eat on the way to the bus .... mmmm!!

8. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

I have 12-14 oz. of Java every morning, then no coffee after that.

9. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

Coffee?

Shudder. Only way that muck tastes good is with a good dose of Irish in it!

I'll have a good strong cuppa tea please, milk no sugar.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

3 in the morning, two after dinner.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

(I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing that I've spilled more than one cup after dinner by falling asleep while it's in my hand...)

11. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

I never drank coffee until I went back to graduate school, 8am classes after 3 or 4 hours sleep tends to do that to you. Now I drink 1 large cup in the morning and am good for the day. If I want more caffeine later in the day I stick with tea. It is easier on my stomach.

12. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

Coffee in the afternoon makes me hyperactive later in the day, running about like like a jittery cat.
    It used to not bother me.

13. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

Funny, I was a Tea drinker until I met my Coffee-addicted wife.
    When we started dating, I thought the coffee cup was surgically attached to her right hand??

Steve

14. sacizob

sacizob Friend of Leo's

I drink coffee all day, everyday. Has never bothered me one bit. Is there something wrong with me?

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a couple of cups of coffee in the morning. We have a Keurig coffee maker so you can have just exactly the amount your want. I usually set the maker of the larger size which isn't all that big. Once in a while I have a third cup after breakfast. If my son comes over for dinner, we always have a cup of coffee after dinner with desert. My wife when she became afflicted with arrhythmia stopped drinking coffee and only drinks about a half a cup of tea in the morning now. When we lived at our old house before her health issues it was so enjoyable to sit out on the patio, watch the sprinklers, and have a cup with my wife before going off to work.

16. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

I just can't get my head around a 180-mile round trip to go out for dinner! We're moving house soon, and one of our criteria was that there should be a pub no more than five minutes walk away!

Anyway, I have two cups of tea first thing, then a coffee at 9.00 and another at 10.30. Then it's another two cups of tea at 3.00 and I'm done!

17. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I think one time it was estimated that the average 2 person coffee-drinkin' household wastes one million dollars per yer using a Keurig vs tradition drip pot coffee maker.

I think that was the figure...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Wow! No wonder I seem to be running a little low on cash! I think I'll get one of those old pots you sit on top of the stove, and save a half a million a year! :D

19. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Not to mention the tremendous landfill issue.

20. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Haa, yeah, life in the Rocky Mountains. We only have one stop sign and no signal lights during that 90 mile drive to the city.

We drive 3 hours (mostly Interstate @ 70 mph), two states over and one time zone to the nearest GC. Those are days that I drink lots of coffee and get home past midnight. Yep, 6 hours (round trip) of driving and three guitar stores. That is when my wife , the bass player or I have major GAS. Oh, that same stop sign plus one signal light for that drive.

Mid Life Crisis likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.