CMT Hot 20 Countdown

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Musekatcher, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Only two and half almost-happy tunes, as in non-suicidal, non-failure, non-regretful.

Only three "up beat" tunes. Up beat meaning tempos greater than dirge levels.

Not a single driving tune, dance tune, or work tune. Nothing over 60 bpm. If that.

Carrie Underwood has done something wrong to her lips. "Bugle" comes to mind.

Might have heard a fiddle or a steel on one tune, for a phrase.

Heard one banjo, obviously a guitar what sounds like a banjo with a flatpick. Might
    have been a synthesizer.

"Speechless" #2 was at least positive, but again, just a sway-er. SLooowwww....

I like Luke Combs, but "Beautiful Crazy" #1 is almost a repeat of Speechless.

I think even the CMT Top Twenty producers realized how down and depressing they all are, and interjected stories and clips from songs a decade ago to keep folks interested, stimulated, away from razors and warm baths...

I appreciated the topics that deal with teen issues, redemption, service and military, etc. It seems, we no longer know how to offer something positive, recovery, hope or anything other than doom, regret, failure, and its appropriate or expected to just wallow in it, and celebrate it? I find a more positive outlook with ACDC.

And then I discover, there is no Hot 20 Countdown list. There's a show, there's a FB page, but no list like a chart. I think its voter generated? You can watch some videos from various weeks, so I'm not even sure what I just watched at 10am Central is current....disillusioned with Country music...

2. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I am very impressed that you managed to watch 20 consecutive videos displaying what is being passed off as the country music of today.
    I don't have the mental fortitude to subject myself to such.
    Yes, I am 51 years old.

3. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

It was tough, but I wanted to test my theory, and collect the data to be conclusive. I mean, I need at least *one* truly upbeat shuffle or something, gee. No wonder anyone over 30 doesn't listen to modern "country". Its absolutely one dimensional, and singular in formula.

String Tree likes this.
  4. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

They killed Country Music
    Down on Music Row

5. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

I couldn't get through 10 seconds of the utter crap they call country nowadays; surprised you made it that far. It is as bad as rap & hip hop, which I consider the scourge & disease that is the biggest thing wrong with today's youth(along with smartphones,the internet, & social media).

"Its absolutely one dimensional, and singular in formula."

Best description I have heard of new country, along with "Bad rock with a cowboy hat".

badger51 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.