CLUB "51" The Squier 51 Owners Club

slimfinger

Tele-Meister
I have a 2005 Squier 51 for which I recently ordered a Bareknuckle Mississippi Queen, a humbucker-shaped P90, to replace the bridge pickup. Does anyone know whether I can expect a polarity issue between the Bareknuckle and the stock neck pickup? Thanks.

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
NGD! Squier ’51, some mods.

Hi all, I’m the proud owner of a 2005 Squier 51 in blond with a black guard.

It was kept in immaculate shape and all stock except a previous owner did an awesome job of drilling the headstock for OEM Fender tuners. I paid $250 on Reverb (I know, but it’s 2022, not 2007 anymore) plus shipping and tax, a total of $320. I’m pleased with the deal given the ongoing prices for these.

I modded it with a Wilkinson WTSB short Tele bridge, GFS chromed metal humbucker ring, and Fender locking tuners. I then adjusted the setup, adjusted the pickup height (this pickup is rather hot, I love it), and bam! It’s a keeper and will likely be a workhorse in my lineup.

The HB is interesting, punchy, chimey, and articulate. It cleans up very well even in full HB mode. The coil split is very nice with the coil closest to the neck active, which is the opposite of most HB split. The neck pickup is loud and sings!

The neck, oh the neck… heavenly. I already had experience with this neck as I have a Squier VM Custom II made in the same factory in the same year, and since the ’51 is Vintage Modified series (if I understand correctly) I knew the neck would be awesome, and it is!

Anyway, I’m stoked for the guitar, here are some pics. Any love currently for these Squier ‘51s?
IMG_20220922_163011665_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220922_163017045_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220922_163039602.jpg

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
I have a 2005 Squier 51 for which I recently ordered a Bareknuckle Mississippi Queen, a humbucker-shaped P90, to replace the bridge pickup. Does anyone know whether I can expect a polarity issue between the Bareknuckle and the stock neck pickup? Thanks.
You could wire the push/pull to switch polarity instead. That could give you great tonal options?