Clip On Tuners

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ramblin Ray, Sep 15, 2011.

1. vinman

vinman Tele-Meister

just got my blue snark from amazon.com (brookmays seller) today.
    It was $9.76 free shipping no tax. What a deal. and it works really great.

Boy, my timing must have been great. None at that price anymore and no free shipping.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. thefees

thefees Tele-Holic

Thanks to this thread I bought a Snark SN-2. That is the one with the built in microphone that you can turn on or off in the event you want to tune "other" instruments. It also has the extended frequency range so you can tune all instruments, yes even bass guitars. It also has the tap tempo metronome. Lots more goodies under the hood. Tons of 5 star reviews. By reading the first one you more or less get the whole story; he is very explicit here at Amazon for only $12.44 with free super saver shipping at the time of this post.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VWKPHC
    I've got two other types of tuners and am frustrated at their mechanisms. One of them was about $29 and it gets near the center, hangs off of it, and if you wait longer it finally jumps to center and lights up. Now that can't be accurate. So Snark here I come. I can't believe it isn't great after reading all of the posts here and the reviews on Amazon.
    Snark City Yahoo!
    I'm a Snarker! :lol:

3. thefees

thefees Tele-Holic

On the blue Snark you can toggle between the mic on, or mic off way of tuning.

4. thefees

thefees Tele-Holic

Could be a great product, I don't know. It looks interesting though. I can see someone setting a capo, and then you know the capo grabs the strings a little too deep into the 'fret well' and it goes out of tune. Well with one of those babies you can dial it in after every capo change. The one question I have is how good of a capo is it? Of course how well does it do as a tuner as well. The reviews sort of helped, even though there are only a couple, albeit one of them sounds like it is coming from the manufacturer. However I can see how that would be an advantage to use the combo tuner-capo because that way you don't look like you have a whole bunch of bells and whistles hanging off of the guitar; it is one neat clean item. Although a Snark and your regular favorite capo isn't exactly ugly. Well with the Snark maybe just a little bit, but if the Snark totally rules for tuning, who cares if its ugly. I just ordered one. Hey that Snark lady is really ugly but she sure can cook :lol:

5. Rolling Estonian

Rolling Estonian Friend of Leo's

Got my Snark Blue the other day, it's very good and my daughter loves it. Accurate, easy to read and use. For the price I highly recommend.

M

6. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

After seeing all the good recommendations for the snark on this thread I bought one. Man, what a great tuner! I have owned just about all of them (including the $50 intellitouch) and this is the best yet.

7. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Got my snark today from amazon - swivel is damaged - bad handling and packaging - this is the reason I usually don't buy online.

On the bright side they are issuing a refund and I don't have to return it so maybe I can crazy glue it and still use it at home...but not on gigs.

8. rolling56

rolling56 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

ya should work gluing it back.

The red Snark i got from an ebay seller was just the box it came in thrown inside a small padded envelope and was smashed pretty good when i got it and was surprised it wasn't broke like yours. The blue Snark i got from Sweetwater was well packaged in a box.........The blue one cost me $9 and the red one cost me $12 so i got them pretty cheap. They come fairly close to my Peterson Strobosoft app and my Peterson StroboFlip. I think a person could get by intonating with one of these if they are as accurate as the ones i have here just using the vibrating part of it. I have never checked the mic on them or any of the other features but i really should i guess.

9. Steveareno

Steveareno Tele-Afflicted

Finally returned my Snark SN 1 to GC and got my money back and went to McCabes and got the Red SN 2 chromatic for $10.00 less. Great tuner. Really well designed and easy to read. Works equally well on electric, acoustic and uke.
    Swang on,

10. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

It seems that Planetwaves now has mini tuner that fits perfectly on a Tele:
    Planet Waves NS Mini

11. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc Tele-Holic

Im thinking of buying both the PW mini and the Snark and see which works better. I play both electric and acoustic, so it will be interesting to see if there are differences in accuracy.

12. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

13. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

The box inside was completely squashed although the outer cardboard package was in perfect shape. Additionally the piece of plastic that broke off was not in the package - which would indicate that they shipped it this way.

I have a Seiko that works pretty well for gigs but rattles on the headstock - poor design - bad at low volume or acoustic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.