Clip of my “economy” double neck Tele..

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by olddawg2, May 13, 2019.

1. olddawg2

olddawg2 TDPRI Member

There’s been a lot of discussion on what parts to use in builds lately. Whether you have to use the “top shelf” stuff or if you can get by with “cheap” off of Amazon, eBay, etc. Here is a clip of my recent economy double neck build in action. I have about $450 into this partscaster. Most of that was spent on the 2 amber finish Mighty Mite necks (that were on sale). The top bridge is a $14 Squier. The rest of the hardware was whatever the no name “Asian spec” body had on it... including pickups. I did have to repair one pickup which was open. The tuners are also $14 knock off sets. Imho... either they work or they don’t. But it is set up well and plays well. I’m playing straight in through a 4 or 5 year old $249 no tax free shipping Bugera V22 from Sweetwater who’s stock Eminence knockoff speaker is decently broken in and has the stock original Chinese tubes. This is a jam. Everyone thinks I have a “Custom Shop” guitar and a boutique amp, lol. My point is.. you don’t have to spend a fortune to have a good sounding, playing , functional, versatile rig. You do have to choose what you use... geezers Rule.. Lol! Btw.. the top neck is open G..

https://www.facebook.com/875772929108351/posts/2419865471365748?s=100000130622314&v=e&sfns=mo

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    JAckal66, LeftFinger, Jim622 and 3 others like this.
  2. NilsZippo

NilsZippo TDPRI Member

Love it a lot! Agree geezers rule.

May inquire as to where ended up buying that body?

3. olddawg2

olddawg2 TDPRI Member

It was on eBay as an incomplete “parts” guitar. It had a no reserve starting bid of $85. That’s what I got it for. I guess everyone else was afraid of it. It had some really ugly necks on it and was missing a 12 string bridge. When I got it I saw that it was “new old stock” that had never been played. Everything was still covered with the protective plastic.. even the neck pickups. I got lucky. Everything dropped right in. It was a Maestro brand. But there are several intities sell under that name. I still have the old necks. There’s nothing really wrong with them except they are ugly... They look like Carvin necks. Eventually I will recut the headstocks like a Gibson and build 2 more guitars.

4. NilsZippo

NilsZippo TDPRI Member

Sweeeeeet deal. I like those sort of finds. It’s always nice when you can end up recycling the extras into new projects. I try hard to do that so that I’m not left with tons of loose parts laying around. I was in the tech industry for years and became a bit of a computer parts collector (cough) hoarder to the point that my better half begged me to purge. I did and during the process came across stuff I’d stored away 20 years earlier.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.