1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cleaning an Orange Amp (Wicker?) Grill

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by johmica, Feb 27, 2021.

1. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

As I posted yesterday, I just purchased a used Orange AD30TC combo. The grill had some stains on it, so I got a soft-bristled scrub brush (made for car interior detailing), and I scrubbed the grill gently with warm soapy water (I used dish detergent, because I wanted something that wasn't too abrasive).

The results were pretty good. The stains are gone, but the grill dried just a little inconsistently. Now the grill has an ever-so-slight mottled look to it. It's really, really slight, and I doubt that anyone, even anyone familiar with Orange amps, would notice it, unless I pointed it out.

I am curious if anyone has any experience cleaning the grills on Orange amps, what their methods are, and what the results are like.

2. Flaps

Flaps TDPRI Member

I bought my Orange cab second hand, great condition but it had a funny dog/smoke smell. I gave it a clean too, damp cloth with washing up liquid, it smelled horrid for a few days bit fishy?! but is fine now. Not noticed any drying issues.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.