Classifieds gone from Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Mobile App Support' started by -Hawk-, Feb 17, 2017.

1. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The link to the classifieds from the main forum menu is no longer there. I know it was present within the last two weeks.

As a side note, Tapatalk also states I can't use their photo upload service for this site anymore.

Screenshot of menu attached.
    IMG_3451.JPG

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Yes, we removed the Classifieds from the app because the Tapatalk app doesn't support our Classifieds and while you could read a portion of the listing you couldn't read all of it nor visit the listing.

And we stopped Tapatalk from storing users photos. We never intended for Tapatalk to do this and when it was brought to our attention we disabled that process. We want our content to be part of our website - not stored somewhere else on some other company's servers.

xafinity likes this.
  3. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Fair enough.

Fwiw, you could select "web view" and see the entire listing. I'd browse via the app and look closer if I was interested.

4. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Unfortunately, that didn't work for all users. For many clicking "more info" took you to a completely different page in the forum - more or less at random.

We removed Classifieds from the App Menu some time ago because of this. But it slipped past us that the forum version of the Classifieds was still available.

We received complaints about the operation which is why we made this change this week.

5. iluvfender

iluvfender TDPRI Member

How can I see the classifieds now ? Android mobile

6. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Use the Android mobile browser to see the Classifieds.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.