ClassicTone Data Base?

The Ballzz

Friend of Leo's
Hey Folks,
Do I recall that someone compiled a ClassicTone Transformer data base/spreadsheet? If so, how do I find and/or access it?
Thanks,
Gene

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

The Ballzz

Friend of Leo's

King Fan

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Good info. What I *am* curious to hear is what luck folks have with the (legit, US) Amp Parts Direct line of ClassicTone clones they've commissioned from Heyboer. The model numbers are helpfully similar, (40-18019 becomes APD-8018H) and the designs (as far as I can tell) match up to the CT specs.

It may take a while to get a sense if the quality and consistency matches up too; right now I gotta wonder if their supply chain is kinda sorta working? So far tho I can't recall anybody reporting any experience.

sds1

Friend of Leo's
Beware of a company in China that started listing transformers with the same ClassicTone part numbers (rather than assigning them to what amps they were designed for).
A TDPRI member in China had high hopes but bought a PT and what arrived was way way off.
Was that @wangdaning ? I remember the thread but he hadn't received it yet last time I checked in... what was the outcome?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Was that @wangdaning ? I remember the thread but he hadn't received it yet last time I checked in... what was the outcome?
Could be his name, what I recall was he posted pics of a standup PT they sent him, with wires on both sides, when he ordered a model that was for a laydown application and required all leads on the same side. He wrote the company and they said they would send him new bell covers but the leads would still be wrong.
Not sure they ever sent him the right part?
But clearly they were more bark than bite in terms of making equivalent quality and correct spec as they claimed.

dan40

Friend of Leo's
I was reading on another forum earlier today that Heyboer is under a heavy backlog right now. I guess being one of the few manufacturers left means they are extremely busy but the supply chain issues are not helping. They also mentioned that custom orders are hard to get right now and the prices have risen on the ones that they are doing. Hopefully they will get caught up soon and prices won't rise to far.

The Ballzz

Friend of Leo's
Well, 6 or 8 months back, the Triode site looked hopeful that a company called "USA CLASSIC" was going to pick up the ClassicTone football and run with it, part numbers, data sheets and all. The fact that nothing has seemed to come to fruition yet on that front has left me a little less hopeful!

Edcor seems to have at least increased their stock offerings a bit, though the wait is still painfully long!

And then there's the debacle of Heyboer streamlining and redesigning many of their proprietary offerings to companies like MojoTone and in the process shipping out products that looked like this, because of not dotting their "I"s and crossing their "T"s!

upload_2021-5-8_8-47-55.jpeg

upload_2021-5-8_8-49-11.jpeg
upload_2021-5-8_8-52-33.jpeg
upload_2021-5-8_17-7-11.jpeg

Note the burn mark at about 6:30 on the edge of the hole in the bell cover!

Just Sayin'
Gene