Classic Vibe Teles

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by waaronl, May 9, 2015.

1. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

I've owned a 2010 CV50s Tele in Vintage Blonde since I bought it used and including a good gig-bag for £175 (GBP) later the same year. That would be roughly $270 USD. I've always found it a delightful little guitar to play; the neck suits me perfectly, the overall build quality is excellent, the weight is moderate, the hardware may be a bit cheap and cheerful but there's not a thing actually wrong with it and the pickups provide a good robust range of tones. I've gigged it extensively with no problems at all and in my experience it's well up to professional use.

The Squier CV is only one of six Teles I own but in some ways I actually prefer it to my much more expensive American Vintage '62 Custom. Everyone I know who has a Squier CV guitar has nothing but praise for them.

Route67 likes this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

I get what you're saying. One of the reasons I play Teles is that balance and the "feel" of them compared to other guitars. They just "fit" better.

My basses actually balance well and I use wide straps with some give to them but even then they can wear me out after 4-4 1/2 hours of playing. At 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 lbs my Teles are a relief comparatively speaking.

I sold my LP years ago and I really can't tell you it's exact weight but I'd estimate it was in the neighborhood of 11-12lbs. Heavy enough to not want to use it very much playing out so I sold it never to return to one.

3. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I want to put a black pickguard on my CV Thinline, but I'm having trouble finding them. Will a Fender Thinline pickguard match up on the Squier, or will I be drilling new holes?

4. Lithsp

Lithsp TDPRI Member

No idea mate, I don't have a Thinline.

Hopefully someone else can come and clarify.

The guy at my local music shop didn't know much about the Classic Vibe line, and told me if it's a Squier then that korean EAGLE pickguard it has on it will fit, because it's made for asian guitars.
    Then it gets here and it's got too many holes because the Squier CVC I've got isn't a "normal" Squier and is actually made to Fender specs, so you need the ones made for USA models and not asian models.

If I were you, I'd roll with a Thinline pickguard that's made for USA Fender Thinlines. Should be a perfect fit, from my experience with this CVC.

5. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have (for years and years) a couple CV's and never had a switch or jack problem.

6. MrJazzedBlues

MrJazzedBlues TDPRI Member

Have a 50's Classic Tele, white one, that I bought used a couple of years ago, made in 2009 in China. It weights in at 3.6 kg ( 7.93 lbs ).
    Its been my main guitar since 3 years after letting my luthier put on new frets on it. Also swapped the bridge pup for a Dimarzio hum canceling low output pickup. Sounds great for most music styles.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  7. Hackney

Hackney Tele-Meister

Rods?

8. MrJazzedBlues

MrJazzedBlues TDPRI Member

Sorry, frets.

9. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

Yes, a standard thinline pickguard will work:

P1010347.jpg

10. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

As a PSA I'll just add that "according to Fender" any part that is made to fit an MIA Tele will fit the same model of a CV. I've purchased several aftermarket pickguards for CVs that are made to MIA specs and they have all fit perfectly.

Route67 likes this.
  11. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice!

12. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I got a hanging scale a few weeks ago, weighed all my guitars, and the same CV came out as 8.41 lbs.

I guess this could be a warning to the inaccuracy of bathroom scales, even if it was also digital.

GuitarJonz likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.