1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Classic Vibe Tele owners club.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Mark Davis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ColdShot241

ColdShot241 NEW MEMBER!

Wow. I just got my CV Tele today and both it and this group are fantastic. Before I go on a ramble, I just gotta say, if Mark D. spent as much time playing his gits as he does posting, he might have been in Cleveland this past weekend up on a stage. Hmm....maybe he was. If not, you're in my hall-of-fame of posters Mark! And thanks for that.

This guitar boggles the mind. I play mainly keys in your basic bar-band. But I also mix in some acoustic, bass and electric guitar stuff. Nothing fancy. My main axe has been a '72 Mustang that I finally wore out. I was looking into refurbing it when I stumbled across discussions of this Squier CV Tele. For the price of having the neck redone on my 'stang I just got a whole new guitar. And it is every bit the amazing deal that most everyone on this thread is confirming.

I'm not a pickup/ohm...fret-gauge guy. But just going on feel, this wile guitar is right there with the VERY expensive Strats and LP's my bandmates have.

$ Notice. While the price of this guitar jumped up recently, I found a "blem" at the Woodwind and Brasswind site. Got it for $275. Free Shipping. Still looking for the blem.

Cheers to all. This is a great forum!

jr

2. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome to the forum coldshot. Ya I like to post a few messages but still play 1-2 hours a day. Glad you like your CV so much. Add the serial # in a message and someone will add it to the list.

You got a great deal enjoy!

3. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker TDPRI Member

just had mine weighed at the post office. 8lbs 2oz.

4. Carzee

Carzee Tele-Afflicted

Hey WDM, thx for the info. Got a serial number?

So now you have the CV Tele and the CV Strat as well. Which was first, the Strat?

5. slackkeytyler

slackkeytyler TDPRI Member

Went to the local shop and picked mine up yesterday, it was still in the box, which seemed smaller than I imagined it would be. I thought the box itself was pretty light... I pack and ship furniture here at my store all the time so I was glad to see that it didn't seem to weigh that much as I took it out of the store. So I took it to my brother in law's and sisters house where he has basement studio we are recording in, and I took it out of the box and was very happy to find it to be everthing I was hoping and hearing about here on the forum and around the web. Wow it is just as cool as I hoped and its going to be fun to mod it and play it and just have another tele in the studio!

One thing I was expecting was the pickguard to be pretty lame, which it was, and also it was pretty scratched up and whatnot, which seemed a little odd, because there were no pick marks on the body, just on the p/g. Anyone else have that right out of the box? I thought for a second maybe it was intentional "vintage wear and tear" or something but that seems doubtful...

It is definitely lighter in weight than my Tele Plus, which I figure is probably 9 pounds or so maybe more... I like the lighter weight for sure!

Anyway, I'll post pics when I get back over to my bro in law later this week.

6. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

well, ya have to take the plastic foil off of course......duck for cover :D

just kiddin - yeah that's odd, so you don't have Classic Vibe sticker on it?
    does it bother you?
    I'm not sure if I would. maybe just buff it down.

welcome to the club anyhow.

7. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker TDPRI Member

yep. i went to sam ash, planning on getting the tele, but they made a mistake and only had the strat in, decided to play it anyways, and fell in love and bought it then and there.

then i found a good deal on a blem tele, and bought that too.

both equally great!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  8. slackkeytyler

slackkeytyler TDPRI Member

That's one thing I did actually think about when I was looking at it, then I got distracted and started doing something else, so I never actually figured out if the plastic was actually on there or not.... :lol: I'll have to check again, but I was planning on changing out the p/g for a matte black or bakelite one anyway.... no sticker, oh well. but I did get the allen wrenches!

9. ajmikula

ajmikula TDPRI Member

The plastic is there! I got mine still in the factory box, no Classic Vibe sticker. Must be something with the new ones.

Speaking of...it finally arrived! They tried to deliver while I was at work, and I managed to pick it up at the depot before they closed. I'm pleased as punch - I definitely missed having a Tele around.

More review (or at least the S/N) when I can stop playing long enough to compose my thoughts!

10. beebee

beebee TDPRI Member

Mine was also a bit scuffed or scratched up, but although it was new and had the inspection tag on, it was on display in the shop and so I guess had been picked up and played. I don't know how long it was on display.

No plastic on the pickguard, but it did have the CV sticker on it.

11. goinger

goinger NEW MEMBER!

greetings from Vienna (Austria) !

My CV Tele has the number CGS080301292

12. ajmikula

ajmikula TDPRI Member

My S/N is: CGS080301234 (Feb. 7 / 09)

Right on! :D

One thing I did notice - my frets are definitely not medium-jumbo - they're nearly identical to the ones on the 50's Classic. Unless other guitars I've played with medium-jumbo frets have actually had jumbo-jumbo :)P). At any rate, I can't imagine the frets being any smaller!

It plays well, and sounds pretty darn good, too. I have a set of GFS pickups I'm going to swap in just to see how they sound - they arrived a week after I sold my last Tele and have been sitting in their boxes ever since. Reports to follow!

13. mrtoulouse

mrtoulouse Tele-Meister

finally I joined you guys in the wonderful world of chinese-crafted teles.:p
    Got mine from a local store on sale as they were moving. the action was too high for my taste in stock form, and the 9's were the flimsiest I have yet seen. That aside with a new set of d'addarios, and a lower action, it now plays better than any tele I have had my hands on yet. I will be selling my highway 1 off soon, and this will go in as my gigging fender to make partners with my 06 gibson les paul. Aside from 10th fret being just a tiny bit high( this only shows when doing more than whole-tone bends on the frets before it, with very low action), the fretwork is nothing short of amazing. Suprpasses any fender I have ever had home. Action can be AS low as my les paul and still no fretting out even with 4 or 5 semitone bends( except naturally at the 8th and 9th fret thanks to that problematic 10th fret). This is ineed the best fretjob I have seen on ANY new fender apart from CS models, and some japanese Ri's.
    The sounds of the guitar are truly great and the knobs do their job perfectly. Finish is perfect, and the tuners keep it in tune no matter how crazy I bend. The nut could be a little lower, but at least the slots are cut perfectly smooth so no string binding.

All in all, a miracle for the money. I really do not understand how fender can live with their eastern-made company surpassing both the mexican and american made guitars in terms of build quality, quality control, looks, and overall playability.

serial number: cgs0800466

14. clapointe

clapointe Tele-Meister

What he said !

15. brewwagon

brewwagon Poster Extraordinaire

world class corperate terms

hopefully force them ( i use them to refer to all corperate entitys ) to build higher quality "domestic " guitars

while keeping overall "costs" down ( but keeping company profits online with all workers wages benefits pensions healthcare etc.)

...and not fully relocating production operations offshore

brewws

beautiful guitars above!

16. ajmikula

ajmikula TDPRI Member

Aaaannnd, a quick pic: [​IMG]

I still can't get over the fact that this was just $400 CAD (~$321 USD) shipped to my door. I still wish I didn't sell my Highway 1 a few years back, though.

17. Manolian

Manolian Tele-Meister

Nice !

here's mine:

[​IMG]

18. Ultrastick

Ultrastick TDPRI Member

If your pickguard surface has a slightly rubbery feel to it, then the plastic is on it. Start scratching with a fingernail around the edge and you'll finally get an edge to turn loose.
    I've had my CV Tele about 3 weeks and love it. It ain't going nowhere!

19. beebee

beebee TDPRI Member

Hey! Well there you go. I feel stoopid now... :)

The plastic was on after all. It wasn't obvious, I just thought the scratch plate was scuffed. Took the plastic off and it's all shiny and new!

Thanks for that, I'd have never realised otherwise..! :oops:

20. Geoff Lloyd

Geoff Lloyd TDPRI Member

I love this forum but I find it kinda funny that there are a lot of photos of our Teles....THEY ARE IDENTICAL!!!!LOL!!!!!
    Sorry.....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.