Classic Vibe Tele owners club.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Mark Davis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. blues bondsman

blues bondsman Tele-Afflicted

Order yourself a replacement knob with a set screw.

2. 69Telecraigster

69Telecraigster TDPRI Member

I went looking at some online and realized the piece that came off looks different. I think it's just a metal outer cap rather than the whole knob. There is a black, plastic piece sitting over the split stem on the guitar. So, I think I can just glue the cap back on the plastic inner portion rather than replace the whole thing? Very new to guitar maintenance, obviously....

savofenno likes this.
  3. blues bondsman

Gotcha.
    Glad you were able to fix it and not have any down time.
    That's always a big plus.

69Telecraigster likes this.
  4. blues bondsman

Well that happened fast !
    The three way started going wonky .
    The neck pickup output was iffy and would increase if I leaned on the switch.
    So a proper switch is being installed this morning
    1524486094275.jpg

5. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Nice Tele!

What Fender 50`s Strat is that? MIA, MiM or MIJ? Very fine wood grain in 2-tone burst!
    I am looking to buy one, and in the net Japanese ones looks to have nicest burst, Mexican ones are mostly too dark or reddish. CV is good too.
    Pic is from ST54 MIJ, for 106000 Yen. Alder body, USA pickups.

My pics, this is CV Tele thread, 50`s one is from 2009, CVC from 2012.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  6. blues bondsman

The Strat in my picture is my #1
    It is a 2004 Limited Run 50th Anniversary, the limited runs came with a two tone ash body, maple neck, one ply Parchment guard and a very cool tweed case with a 50th anniversary embroidered patch inside the lid.
    They also came with CS 54 pickups.
    Sadly she is in critical condition due to being played every day for 14 years !!!
    Frets are horrible, i just cant find anyone close to do the job that I have a lot of confidence in.

savofenno likes this.
  7. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Sorry for Your Strats sad condition. Hope She gets better soon! (Light joking)
    Take her to luthier soon, even if it is not very close. You won`t be sorry.

I think i will at last get a 50`s Strat from Japan, as i showed with my pic. In 1-2 months i think. I have 12 Strats now, i am happy with them. 14 Teles if you wonder, both are from USA & other places.

Sorry i wrote MIJ Strats price wrong in Yen earlier, i had the price 8400 in Swedish Krona in my mind, in Yen it is 10600, and in Dollar about 960USD.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. blues bondsman

Seriously thinking about stainless steel frets for longevity.
    Lets face it at 52 years old I only need them to last another 25 years at best (Lord willing).

9. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

I´m in to the CV owners club. A butterscotch tele loaded with Fender 51 Nocaster pups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

savofenno likes this.
  10. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Should be a tiny screw on the knob. Been my experience if no screw but a hole, it worked it’s way out...

11. revellfa

revellfa TDPRI Member

First modification to my thinline. I know...I covered the f hole don't worry its only Velcro. Why did o do it? I had a Ford pickup I regret selling...

Next mod is a hotshot b bender with g lever and drop d bar... 20180612_203349.jpeg

12. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Just got a used (2009 I think) CVC Sunburst. Absolutely in love with it. I have been A/B'ing it with some "great" MIA teles (AVRI '52, Ash 8502, two different Texas Highway ones) and I'm amazed on how great it sounds and plays. It seems the former owner put in a better 3 way switch so that's fine. I put in some Fender compensated brass saddles...I swear it beefed and warmed up the tone, and increased sustain. I am slowly realizing the pick ups are pretty great. A little lower output than those other guitars, but they sound clear, the string definition is pronounced, and as someone else said, turning up the volume and gain on lower output pickups has a particular beauty. Can anyone offer comparisons to pickups that sound like these? Someone also said the stock PU's sound like NoCasters. I was thinking of replacing them with NoCasters...but don't want to if they sound the same.

13. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Love my CVC but I would like to swap out the neck too. I am hesitant to go with a vintage radius and frets though love the look. I assume yours has those vintage specs?

14. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

It did. I didn't mind the thickness of the neck, but I couldn't get along with the smaller radius. I ended up selling the guitar a while back. On my newest partscaster I got a Warmoth roasted maple/pau ferro neck with a 9.5" radius and standard thin. Right now it's my favorite neck.

15. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Just got this 09 or CVC used. This of course is the bridge PU. Is this stock? The only ones I've seen have black string, not this white wax covered string.
    It sounds great, but seems slightly under wound, so I assumed it is one of the stock ones (have not opened up the pick guard to check yet), but the white string is throwing me.
    The previous owner installed a high quality 3 way switch so I thought they may have put a good after market PU in there too.
    BTW I think the CVC bridge plate may be one of the most underrated aspects of the guitar. It's ferrous steel and is considerably thicker than regular tele bridges.
    With these new chunky Fender compensated saddles (stock steel CVC saddles are anemic on the other hand), the guitar just totally vibrates and sustains beautifully.

cvc pickup.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  16. mrjlkelly

mrjlkelly TDPRI Member

I god damned lurve my classic vibe tele!!! I’ve modded it quite a bit over the 5 years I’ve had it, but even stock it was sounding and playing surprisingly well. Check it out in action...

savofenno and richey88 like this.
  17. robinsong

robinsong Tele-Meister

My 2015 Squier classic vibe 50s bsb tele IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2559.JPG

18. robinsong

robinsong Tele-Meister

Nice playing! Nice guitar!

savofenno likes this.
  19. philbeck

philbeck TDPRI Member

Just got a CVC and would like to replace the tuners with locking tuners. Which ones will drop in fit with no drilling?

20. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not sure but the tuners on the CV line are one of the great things about them. I can't imagine them ever contributing to tuning issues. They are the best designed F style tuners ever made imo. I hunt for them and buy them for all my fender style partscasters due to the lower price, good looks, ease of use and solid performance..
    They are basically vintage style Klusons without the high price tag.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.