Classic Vibe Tele owners club.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Mark Davis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

I don't think I've posted on this thread. The day my CV arrived...

[​IMG]

2. StraightNeck

StraightNeck Tele-Holic

You guys dont ease the Gas,thats for sure,so i fell and bought a lefty CV BSB Tele.Should be here in a couple of days.Dont know how to handle the bad eye from my wife,it is easy sneak in a pickup or a pedal but a new guitar!?Probably
    have to give her some money,so there i am,my guitar shopping never ends cheap.:lol:

3. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

loving those babies rokett!

4. alscort93

alscort93 Tele-Meister

CGS1017368, she used to live in Texas, but now she's in Missouri where she was meant to be.

image-2502917997.jpg

And one with her sister.

image-89282361.jpg

The CVC so far seems to be my new favorite, don't tell the VB one

5. djalt

djalt Tele-Holic

My son's BSB CV....

Daddy's keeping it safe for a few more years....

:)

----
    Gotta 71/72 GMC Short box for sale?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
  6. roosme

roosme TDPRI Member

Ah, he's gonna love it. You are a fine pop! And a Dylan fan? Me too. Love your avatar.

7. Manolian

Manolian Tele-Meister

Awesome , great pic!:)

8. xagyg

xagyg Tele-Holic

9. Jancrenespitty

Jancrenespitty TDPRI Member

Hello I have. CV telecaster and I Have to say it plays really good. Its about the all about the components And the material that they use for to build it. Dont worry for the Pine body, it has almost the same characteristics than the ash.

10. StraightNeck

StraightNeck Tele-Holic

My CV 50s BSB Tele was delivered yesterday,i just tuned it,adjusted the pickups
    and played.Amazing piece for the money,only thing i could complain about is,
    the chrome on the bridge is not perfect,everything else on the guitar is 100%.

DSCN9612.jpg

11. Lefty Addams

very nice, hope to get mine fairly soon ...

12. stevehyphen

stevehyphen Tele-Meister

It'll be worth it. I ordered mine as soon as I found out they were making them left handed. They still come with the great setup and everything right out of the box. The price tag is a little bit higher for us, but I was fine with that. I got it during a Fender rebate month so I paid the standard price anyway.

This thing really saved the day for me. I wanted a tele really bad, and before this and the affinity came out you could only get the MIM standard, MIA standard, and AV52RI. So really I was saved from the ASAT tribute I almost bought. I don't think I would have liked it as much.

13. StraightNeck

StraightNeck Tele-Holic

Thanks.Hope you will like yours too.

14. Lefty Addams

Thanks guys. Well I gotta say I'm 90% sold on the CV50, on account of them being damn good value, and of course opinions from forums like this one, with just 10% hankering for a MIM Standard in lake placid blue. Without trying either and getting a better deal with mail order.

Would i prefer the MIM? I don't want to get it wrong, but I just don't know ... on paper, they're very similar spec of course with both necks being the same modern C shape, just the picks up and the 3 vs 6 saddle bridge being different as far as I can see, so I guess it must come down to the finish, color and the sound, which is the most important thing ....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  15. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

I love my blonde CV 50. It is better than the MIM Standard from all that I read on this forum. For a MIM Tele you have to go up to a more expensive model, and still the CV is still better to many.

16. supersoul

supersoul TDPRI Member

I just bought a vintage blonde CV Tele and I am pretty happy about it. Maybe I shouldn't have read all the hype about it because as much as I like it it didn't blow me away like most people say. I used to have a Diego Tele (basically a partscaster from germans answer to Warmoth Göldo) which was really great but had soso pickups. In a haze of misjudgement i sold it which i regret. The neck in comparison was a real baseball bat which i like. On the CV the neck is very nice but more on the thin side which makes for a janglier tone. The Diego in comparison was thicker in tone. Anyway that ship has sailed and in all fairness i must say the Diego costs double. All in all the CV is a great guitar and will become the one i grab first when I want to relax and jam around. Eventually i'd like to hear the Alnico V pickups of the BSB in comparison. There's two minor things that bug me but they are more of cosmetic nature: the pickguard should be thinner and not as glossy (i know i know, first world problems) and the sawmarks of the fretwork on the neck are not pretty.

17. stevehyphen

stevehyphen Tele-Meister

He suffers as I do in that he's left handed. The only MIM Tele available left handed is the Standard. No Classic 60's or Bajas for us.

I do love me some BSB CV50 though :D

18. jonny d

jonny d TDPRI Member

greetings from Bakersfield, CA.
    i have 2 CV 50's teles and a CV 50's strat.changed the p'ups in all three. only music vintage blues in the BSB, only music lone stars in the VW and tex mex in the strat. ok, my question is, the VW is heavier than my BSB and the knobs are flat headed, not rounded. and, the serial starts with CSRG. i believe it's an '08. i thought all CV teles were pine. there is a hefty difference btween the 2. and, there was before the p'up change too. any ideas?
    thanks

19. Lefty Addams

yeah don't get me started on the whole left handed thing Steve, we'll be here all day discussing that one believe me ;)

20. yesterday

yesterday TDPRI Member

i love using my CVC telecaster more than my 72 deluxe.. well i use it when there's two guitarists in the band, it cuts more than the WRHB

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.