Classic Vibe Tele owners club.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Mark Davis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. stevehyphen

stevehyphen Tele-Meister

Waiting on my lefty CV50's BSB I have on order from Long & Mcquade, will post when it arrives. It's taking forever :(

2. twilliams

twilliams TDPRI Member

Ok so I put 10's on it last night and did a "factory spec" setup. MUCH better. I'm keepin her!

3. Dauntless

Dauntless Tele-Meister

:cool:

4. stew71

stew71 NEW MEMBER!

Hi all, I got my CV50 (butterscotch) back when they came to the UK in the spring - s/n is CGS 1034669

A couple of Qs...

I really like playing it but have been meaning to check the setup - I have a little fret buzz on the bass strings. My default electric strings are 11-48s or similar (I'm a heathen with a heavy right hand), should I try a lighter set? And where can I find instructions on a factory spec setup?

And, in comparison to my Burns Marquee (with Burns' own 'rez-o-matic' PUs), the output seems very low - about 40-50% quieter. Haven't played with PU height at all, might this be worthwhile or should I consider using a preamp to give it a lift? I see the stock pickups have a fairly good reputation so I don't want to go swapping really.

Cheers,

Stew

5. twilliams

twilliams TDPRI Member

Here is the factory setup page http://www.fender.com/support/articles/telecaster-setup-guide

I still have some buzzing on wound strings, particularly E and A. Probably gonna do a fret level and dress at the next string change.

6. stew71

stew71 NEW MEMBER!

7. TF73

TF73 TDPRI Member

Hi, Ive got a cv50s vb with SD STR/STL52 pus AMAZING SOUND, well balanced, lots of twang, perfect to play anything neck, weights fine with me!! altogether it cost me about 450 Euros, play it everyday!

8. DonaldR

DonaldR NEW MEMBER!

Got mine last night :)

Hey! I received mine last night, serial no. CGS 1033589
    I just returned a Fender American Telecaster to MF , I just didn't like the neck. After reading most all the reviews I could fine on the CV 50 I placed my order,and for $500.00 less! I could not be more happy with it:D. I made different pickguard this morning after seeing one like it, think I have more time working on it than playing but I will change that soon enough!
    Thanks for all the great information...
    Donald

Attached Files:

9. CB-Soul

CB-Soul NEW MEMBER!

Help me out

I figured the members of this forum could help me decide something. I've ordered the butterscotch blonde version of the classic vibe 50s, but it was out of stock, so I have to wait for it till february. The vintage blonde is still available and I was wondering if I should get that instead.

So my question is, how is the Vintage Blonde different to the newer BB tone-wise? I'm looking for that classic tele twang, something bright, a little edgy, probably won't be used with much distortion, just clean to slightly overdriven. Is one or the other more suitable? I know the VB has alnico 3s and the BB has alnico 5s, but I'm not really sure how that affects the tone.

If anyone's compared the two, I'd appreciate your help.

(also, this might've been discussed earlier in this thread, but it's 73 pages long!)

10. Dauntless

Dauntless Tele-Meister

BB CV=Alnico 5 pick ups
    VB CV=Anico 3 pick ups

To me, the VB CV has a more classic twang but I do like the look of the BB CV.
    I own a VB CV. :cool:

11. Troubleandahalf

Troubleandahalf Tele-Holic

Based on your tone preference you should probably get the VB anyway. I actually put in a GFS mini-humbucker and now it's straight Keef ca Let It Bleed... Love it.

Attached Files:

12. djinn1973

djinn1973 Tele-Meister

Picked one up earlier tonight!

Don't run in to that many lefties, after playing it for a bit (and checking with the boss) I snatched it up.

Attached Files:

13. Dauntless

Dauntless Tele-Meister

:twisted:

14. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

15. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Well I said back in November that I would find a CVC for my Tele family and I have. Regrets, I have no pic since I have no way to take one to upload. SN# CGS0923459.

Right now it's apart and awaiting the installation of some Keystones, a 4-way switch and a high pass filter. These are gorgeous guitars and the quality of the build is excellent. This should fill the last gap on my wish list.

16. alscort93

alscort93 Tele-Meister

Got my new iPhone so now I got a decent camera, so here's my generic VB CV

Attached Files:

17. wemedge

wemedge TDPRI Member

I got the tele bug pretty bad.

Sold my Road Worn '50s strat, going down to my local store today to pick up a CV BSB 50s today. Played it earlier; a 4-piece body, nice weight. Played pretty well straight out of the box; they didn't have any on display so I got one from the back in the shipping box.

It will hold me until I get my Kirn (will be able to order later this year), hopefully.

18. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

CV headstock shape...

I haven't been able to read back through the whole thread, so I don't know whether anyone else has commented on this. But I noticed for the first time the other day that the headstock shape of my CV50 is just a tiny little bit different from the "regular" Tele shape. It's close, but right at the top beyond the high E tuner the regular shape curves into a smooth circular section, whereas on the CV the line continues a little further before turning more sharply, though nowhere near as much as, for example, the "post-lawsuit" Tokai design. Difficult to describe better without pics, but my camera's out of commission at present - sorry.

The difference it makes is too little to have any significance at all, but has anyone else spotted this detail?

19. alscort93

alscort93 Tele-Meister

I think that's just the squier tele headstock, I could be wrong though. Here's mine with my Telecoustic, I did notice that before.

Attached Files:

20. wemedge

wemedge TDPRI Member

This whole Classic Vibe Tele GAS thing is worse than I thought. I ended up buying one from a TGP forum member instead, because it was a good deal, cheaper even with shipping.

It's on the way, and I've already readied a lacquered bakelite pickguard, NOS '59 Fender Custom Shop harness, control plate, knobs, jack, and cup (got the whole thing together) for it. And a set of plain old Fender Original Vintage tele set pickups, just because I like the cloth wiring.

Ja, illogical. The BSB is probably fine stock, but it's so much fun...I am really looking forward to my own Pinecaster, budget-style.

wemedge

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.