Classic Vibe Necks - WTF?!!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by jshape, Jun 17, 2019.

1. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

I sold my Classic Vibe today, i just couldnt get on with the neck - Any decent amount of time playing gave me pain in my thumb joint up into my wrist. All my other guitars have bigger/different shape necks so i know that was the problem. I did consider getting a new neck, but i wanted to change the pick ups too, so before i got too many ££'s invested i moved it on and picked up a Broadcaster reissue.

I will say though that the CV impressed the hell out of me for its build quality and sound, especially for the £300 it cost me. If Squire had put a beefier neck on it i would have kept it.

Gabrielle84 and guitarist232345 like this.
  2. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Most everything I do concerning “The F Word” is bought piece by piece - everything to my way of liking.

I’ve heard that Fender is trying to make The Indonesians
    degrade their great workmanship.
    My feeling is that The Indonesians say thank but no thanks.
    With Fender You have to pay a thousand dollars for a U-Shape that’s a 9.5” with jumbos.

Ever notice when Fender is selling fantastic Amplifiers that their Guitars SUCK....?

3. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

There are a million internet conversations about how squier guitars wrote the book on quality product and value for money - one for every guitar they sold probably.
    They are close to building a reputation similar to that of boss pedals; solid, reliable workhorses. For telecaster players it's an aesthetic that should be very close to the heart.

guitarist232345 and BBQedIguana like this.
  4. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

NGD post for the broadcaster please

5. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

I did one, its in the main telecaster area. I did have some initial problems with it though - The neck was slightly out of alignment so it needed a slight tweak, and there was a cold solder joint on the pickup selector switch, again sorted in 5 minutes. Its a fine guitar, but its worth noting my Classic Vibe didnt have these problems...

Before the CV went i took few pics of both to compare them, purely because it interested me.
    Here are the necks, CV on the left -

[​IMG]

Gabrielle84 and BBQedIguana like this.
  6. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

I’ve had my CVC 8-9 years. No issues. If I could have anything else on it, it would be a bound neck and stainless frets as mine are all most history.

7. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

tele.jpg
    I owned my CV Tele custom for almost a week now, no trouble with the neck at all. I might be the odd one out but I like that feel of a gloss neck.

8. CajunJ

CajunJ Tele-Holic

Im with you on the gloss neck. I prefer them. Might change if I ever get good enough to get sweaty while playing in a club.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.