1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Classic Vibe Deluxe 70s string spacing

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by xambackwards, Feb 25, 2021.

1. xambackwards

xambackwards TDPRI Member

2. dpang2836

dpang2836 Tele-Meister

That Bridge won't match your Holes, and that Bridge on Squire's are cheap junk! Chrome plated Zinc Alloy vs. Steel or Copper Plates from Wilkinson and Gotoh. Tuners might fit, but maybe a little work if Bushings are not the same? Trying to find a Bridge to fit screw holes and String holes. I would wait, but pretty sure this Gotoh is what fits. Look at Diagram for Screw Holes at least.
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=262352638938

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Hibernian likes this.
  3. dpang2836

dpang2836 Tele-Meister

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. Hibernian

Hibernian TDPRI Member

And I did a quick check on my Squier CV and those measurements on the Gotoh that dang2836 above provided seem to fit.

dpang2836 likes this.
  5. xambackwards

xambackwards TDPRI Member

thanks both! Gotoh it is, will post pics here when makover is done :)

6. dpang2836

dpang2836 Tele-Meister

One of the best Bridges! Most important to use Japanese vs. Chinese Tuners and Bridge. Zinc Alloy will kill the Tone, where Gotoh's will let the Tone Ring. So many people are tempted with prices, but don't skimp on those important Parts. I always made my Squire's twice as nice. Had a few CV Mahogany Thinlines, CV Deluxe Body I built out, and my favorite was a rare Vintage Modified Tele/Jazzmaster out of Indonesia. Had a P90 in Neck and a Duncan Designed Bridge, with a Jazzmaster Neck. Never should have sold it. What Pickups are in your new one? HB's probably. Should you ever want to change to USA sized Pots, you will have to Rout out a little under Pickguard. I bought CV Tele/Jazz Hybrid for $299 New. Look how much now! PS, don'i forget to Ground new Bridge. Should be a Hole and Wire?
    https://reverb.com/item/37715748-2014-squier-vintage-modified-telecaster-special

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  7. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

+1 on measuring it tomorrow. You can sometimes get surprises and specs change. I’ve fallen foul of making assumptions about specs even on MiM Fenders.

if you can’t find a good fit, the saddles will be the more noticeable part of the upgrade IMHO, and you should find some of those that fit.

And +1 on Gotoh stuff. Great quality. As you’re in the U.K., see what Axesrus have too. Their own-brand stuff is very reliable quality.

8. yegbert

yegbert Poster Extraordinaire

That model seems to come with a hard tail bridge already. Why assume based on someone else’s opinion that the saddles make a difference? Why not play it for a while before deciding wether you think it’s worthwhile changing the bridge out for another similar one? How do you think you might quantify what is actually noticeably better with either bridge? I have a somewhat similar Squier and bridge (Custom with P90s and hard tail) and am happy with it, and have resisted the temptation to change to anything else. Enjoy your new Tele!

TeleUpNorth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.