Classic Vibe Custom and Modding

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Andy Summers, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Friend of Leo's

So I just ordered a CVC. Part of me is excited and part of me hates the looks of the fretboard already. I’m thinking of canceling my order the more I look at the pictures. But this may be a good excuse as a platform to finally make my own somewhat Andy Summers tribute. So the neck would go anyway for one with a maple board. Anyone have any good recommendations as to Fender necks that will fit?

I have to say, these laurel, Pau Ferro, etc fretboards really kill the vibe for me on all the Fenders/Squiers using them. Just not pleasing to the eye at all to me. Most I have seen look like extremely dry rosewood and some of the Pau Ferro looks orange(ish). And then there is this Brazilian Cherry that some guitar maker use. Just ugly. No offense to those who dig them..I just can’t get behind them. I know Fender has to meet standards and all that, but it’s gonna kill sales. From little old me anyway. But who the hell am I?

UPDATE: My order for this somehow went to a cancelled state. I called them up and it was a system glitch and I needed to resubmit the order. I took this as a sign from the guitar gods and left it cancelled and went with a mint used Classic Vibe 50s that I found after the fact. I actually ordered the 50s in the first place with these guys, but they screwed that order up too...which then made me go with the CVC. Some things happen for a reason :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Holic

CVC's a great.

MOD IT!

Andy Summers likes this.
  3. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Holic

20191026_090746.jpg 20191026_090738.jpg

Put a classic vibes 50's neck on it?

Andy Summers likes this.
  4. Andy Summers

I was thinking of that, fasteddie42. Was actually searching around for one last night. Those are beautiful necks!!

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

You might try playing without looking at the fretboard so much......you're obsessing, man. ;)

Andy Summers likes this.
  6. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

I agree. I had a Player Strat fall into my lap (VERY briefly) with Pau Ferro or whatever it's called, and I hated it. Moved it along quickly.

Andy Summers likes this.
  7. Andy Summers

I definitely do obsess. But in all the years playing, I’ve learned I like what I like. I need it to be visually pleasing to me, and honestly I haven’t liked the feel of many of these either. But yes...I do obsess..haha

puddin and nojazzhere like this.
  8. Andy Summers

My experience exactly, Durtdog.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.