1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Classic vibe bridge tone wiring question.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by buckwalder, Nov 8, 2014.

1. buckwalder

buckwalder Tele-Meister

I have a Squier classic vibe 60's strat. What I want to do, is wire the bridge pickup to the the neck pickup tone control.

With a standard CRL switch this is a easy and straightforward mod but with the standard Alpha switch I cant figure out how to do this.

Has anyone done this mod with the stock Alpha switch?

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

There should be only one unsoldered terminal on the switch. Wire it to the neck tone pot.

I would suggest replacing the middle pickup tone pot for a no load pot, so you can cut out that tone pot's loading on the 2nd and 4th switch positions when desired .

3. tfsails

tfsails Friend of Leo's

I wired my Strat up with a blender pot; that made the first tone pot a master tone for all three pickups. I used this Lindy Fralin schematic to wire it: http://www.fralinpickups.com/images/blendschem2.jpg .

If you don't want a blender pot, you can still wire the guitar with a master tone pot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.