Classic Vibe 3 tone bound Sunburst body w/RW Neck?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ESQUIREoholic, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ESQUIREoholic

ESQUIREoholic Tele-Afflicted

Anyone have any thoughts on the Classic vibe 3 tone sunburst's neck
    The specs look great - but how does it feel? Reasonably nice fret work?

2. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

in a word : amazing
    without mods its a pretty decent tele
    with mods it is an exceptional tele,
    that can hang with my 52RI

heres my number 1 and number 2
    guess which one cost $1549?
    [​IMG]

3. dr_tom

dr_tom Tele-Meister

I just tried out a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue (that I ended up buying) with one. I used to own an early 80's Tokai Telecaster Custom, so I think I gravitated towards the Squier Classic Vibe out of habit. It was amazing. Truly beautiful guitar, especially considering the low price point. Tried a second one at another L & M location and it was just as good if not better. I'm seriously considering going back for it this week.

4. Ironbird

Ironbird Tele-Holic

The necks on these are amazing, flawless. They feel and look like they're from much more expensive instruments. I had one of my first Tele, a Partscaster, and it was one of the reasons why it played so good. :p

5. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Tele-Holic

the one that gets played the most. fantastic neck! I also just bought a CV Thinline with a maple neck. very nice as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Buy one. You won't be at all disappointed. Any guitar in the Squier CV line is also a dream to modify if you're into that sort of thing. The parts from an MIA will fit them perfectly.

Attached Files:

7. ESQUIREoholic

This is real nice:

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

8. Linkinbassist

Linkinbassist TDPRI Member

Here's my CVC:

[​IMG]

Here she is with her new sibling:

[​IMG]

The CVC neck feels thinner than the BSB or the CV50 to my hand. Mine has lovely low action, the neck is relatively fast and the rosewood adds a bit more depth to the cleans over the maple (which sparkles beautifully but marginally lacks that rosewood-derived tonal body). The CVC is a beautiful instrument, you won't be disappointed!

9. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That one you ask about is THE one I would get if I ever had the opportunity. I like everything about it aesthetically.

10. swamper95

swamper95 TDPRI Member

Ive got two cvc's one with bigsby one with out . Best feeling neck ive ever played hence why ive got two. Id strongly recommend replacing stock saddles to brass ones. Absolute gem of a guitar with the look, feel and tone of a top end tele.
    Even thinking bout selling my A standard, cause its hardly seen the light of day since ive discovered these babys. I also have a cv bsb which is its own beast,
    I'd say get both!

11. ESQUIREoholic

Well I ended up getting one of the CV 3 tone Sunburst and I can't believe how nice these Squiers are. I've owned Teles 10x the cost and this beauty used is so nice I'm very pleasantly surprised.

[​IMG]

12. soggybottomboy

soggybottomboy TDPRI Member

Do you guys have actual thickness measurements for these necks? I have the sense that they vary across models.

13. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

They do vary across models, I have a CVC, it is a nice guitar and IME the neck--though very nice--is flatter in profile than any Tele I've ever come across. Low profile but also 'flat', not a rounded C like my AV62, or others I've owned. .

In any case I think somebody here, maybe Mark Davis, posted measurements so use the search function, may find it.

14. TelekineticBoss

TelekineticBoss Tele-Holic

I don't have one but have seriously considered them. The neck is good IMO but I don't get along well with the glossy finish on the back. I can deal with it, but I'm used to my AmStd satin neck. If I end up with one, which I probably will, I'll probably replace the electronics. It's decent but not high quality. I don't expect it to be for the relatively low price. I just love the binding with the sunburst, but I don't want it bad enough to buy a AV model. This guitar is a lovely value. Wow I really want one now... The GAS is incurable... Must wait....

15. ambar_de_kotu

ambar_de_kotu Tele-Meister

Both look good but I would take the 52 in a heartbeat for the tones....

16. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Well done. Although it's not vintage correct for a '62 Custom Tele Fender does sell a set of compensated brass saddles that go about $17 or so that make a nice addition tonally and are a little easier to intonate. If you're happy with the rest this is the only addition I might suggest.

http://darrenriley.com/store/fender-compensated-telecaster-brass-saddles-0058544049/

[​IMG]

17. ESQUIREoholic

Thanks for the suggestion and part info.

18. yardleyboy

yardleyboy Tele-Meister

The cvc has a thinner neck than the BSB or the white blond
    THe BSB and white blond necks are the same - i.e modern slim c shape

I have found no real discernible variation - so all the CVC's I have or have tried feel the same and the same is true of the BSB and the white blond
    I am not a fan of the overly glossy neck but 30 seconds with very fine wet and dry paper sorted that out.

I adore the CVC necks - but it is too thin for some

At the moment I own a CVC and a white blond
    I didnt have to, (the stock pupd and wires were fine) but a did put nocaster pups and cts pots in the CVC, and a Tonerider p90 in the neck of the white blond

19. TEENIEMCNEE

TEENIEMCNEE Tele-Meister

image-2988885779.jpg

I absolutely love mine. Plays brilliantly and looks the absolute biz. Just like a 62 with that double binding. Mech is gorgeous and it would be the one thing is save in a fire. Go for it. You'll love it. Or of you have double the money to spend, the Fender Japan 62 Tele Custom looks, feels and plays just the same. This is mine....

20. soggybottomboy

soggybottomboy TDPRI Member

That is consistent with my experience. I prefer the CVC significantly. Does the MIJ62 neck shape match the CVC?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.