1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Classic Rock is being disgraced...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by emu!, May 11, 2011.

1. Kuzin Flake

Kuzin Flake Tele-Meister

+1

2. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

But Slow Ride...the ending...you know, when the slide guitar slowly moves from the bottom of the neck to the top in a crescendo of joyous mayhem...then all the music STOPS!...and the singer screams at the top of his lungs:

SLOW RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the drummer slams down on the kick and snare...and the overwhelming climax of emotion and physical pleasure that comes from screaming along and hearing that last note with the stereo maxed out until the speaker cones come unglued. It's almost a religious passage to the rock gods.

3. sixtiesreject

sixtiesreject Tele-Holic

Hello Hello--

A lot of "Classic Rock" isn't "classic" at all. It's just "popular".

4. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

How interesting.

5. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

My favorite radio station is the little FM transmitter I plug into my cigarette lighter in my car, that takes the tunes from my iPhone and transmits them to my car stereo!

We have a decent jazz station affiliated with a local university, and we have a pretty good NPR station, but if I want to hear anything else, I have to provide it myself!

Tim

6. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

at my age i try to look at all music as "just music." its hard at times as i have my own prejudices... but i still try to keep an open mind.

rand z

7. choupique

choupique Tele-Holic

What it comes down to is that most so called classic rock stations play music that I was sick of 35 years ago.

8. notdave

notdave Tele-Afflicted

I listen to talk radio (Mostly Radio 4 here in dear old Blighty). My car has a perfectly good mp3 player for my music needs...and there's no irritating presenter. Win/win :)

9. TeleGS

TeleGS TDPRI Member

Honestly, I thought Perms are what did it.

10. losergeek

losergeek Tele-Afflicted

Radio is radio - whether it's top 40s playing the new Lady Gaga song to death or it's classic rock stations playing Roxanne until Sting comes home. The very nature of the beast means that they take the same 20 songs and play them over and over with a couple random ones thown in for good nature. At least with top 40 you can be sure they'll move on to something new in 8 months...not so much with classic rock.

The only radio I listen to at all is CBC (ie. Canadian NPR).

11. electricbody

electricbody Tele-Afflicted

One summer back in the late 80s I was a lifeguard a pool in Washington D.C. I had the day shift and all the tourists were off seeing the sights. After a month and a half I shut the radio off or put in a mix tape. By the time all my college friends came back in August I never turned the radio on. One day one of them visited and said, "why don't you have the radio on." I said, because they play the same songs at the same time everyday. They play one or two different songs every hour and that's it. It got so that I knew it was time to order lunch, do the skimming, etc. based on what the radio had on.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.