Classic country backing tracks?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Wrong-Note Rod, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Pardon me if this is in the wrong forum

I'm looking for a website that offers classic country songs, in a backing track version.

I've found a bunch but they are all predictably karaoke-style - everything but the singer.

I'd like everything but the electric guitar. I did see a website once that offered the ability to zero out any of the instruments or vocal - but I've searched and cannot find it.

Even so, those were mostly rock songs anyway. But anything would be helpful at this point.

Can anyone recommend a site with the editable song versions - or a good place to look for generic practice tracks without the electric guitar?

Thank you for any assistance.

MilwMark likes this.
  2. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I just type "country backing tracks" in the search bar and then select "videos". Here's an example...

Wrong-Note Rod likes this.
  3. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Subscribed!

4. Wrong-Note Rod

thanks, thats interesting, but its not exactly what I asked for - altho I may have been overly vague.

I need to be able to get specific classic country songs - for a part time band classic cover project.

5. Mrbob135

Mrbob135 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

There is a site called karaoke-version.com that offers custom backing tracks. Not sure how deep the catalog goes, but worth checking out.

suthol, Rockinvet and Wrong-Note Rod like this.
  6. Wrong-Note Rod

However, I did find this - this is more along the lines of what I need. Theres no vocal but it is helpful

7. Wrong-Note Rod

thank you, I will look into that.

8. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

This is interesting and I’m too lazy to search it out myself, so I’ll be watching:)

In fact, I’m so lazy I’d probably just play the non-lead parts, whole song, into a looper. Then play over that.

gwjensen, 41144 and Wrong-Note Rod like this.
  9. Wrong-Note Rod

There are some other threads here about backing tracks, and some really good players uploaded a few that apparently they created... but again, not what I need.

Anyway, do a search for thread titled "backing track" and you'll find some good stuff.

10. Mrbob135

You can order guitar backing tracks with everything except the guitar part, everything except vocal and guitar, or custom mix each instrument to your preference. Good luck.

gwjensen likes this.
  11. Wrong-Note Rod

this is great, just what I needed. Thanks! Wish they had more classic country but I already found several I needed, so, thanks again.

Mrbob135 likes this.
  12. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

With my trio of old f4rts we downloaded a huge number of their custom tracks for covers, these you can mute out what you don't want and once purchased you can make as many changes to the track as you want.

I guess if you wanted to get really fancy with it you could mute all but one part at a time and drop the individual tracks into your DAW and remix to your hearts content.

We dropped all vocals plus bass or guitar depending on what I wanted to play ( "read, was able to play" ) on any given song , the triplet double stop intro, solo and play out in I Can Help has always been a mystery to me.

All tracks have a stick count so I stuck each track into Reaper and duplicated the track and panned one track with the stick hard left which we sent to the monitors and the track to the right with the stick muted was sent out front.

Worked of us and we had over 5 hours of material.

Then Bob got really sick and we decided that since we couldn't gig we'd concentrate on getting all of our originals recorded.

Mrbob135 likes this.
  13. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

I'm with dkmw regarding making your own but, at least over here,.... ebay sells several Classic Country (other genres are available too) backing CDs with c. 100 tracks each... Also available as downloads.

14. Wrong-Note Rod

I got about 30 songs last night at karaoke-online. Just what I needed, I can zero out or lower the volume of any part.

Other songs I couldnt find, I find the original studio version, I use Adobe Audition and do the vocal remove center channel trick on the guitar solo. Doesnt kill it completely but helps.

A lot of these old 50s songs from karaoke-online, theres no space for any kind of gtr solo, which I'm expected to do every song - so download an alternate vocal free version, open that into Audition, copy a verse or so, then insert it into the normal version I'm working with.

Not exactly making my own but yeah, its a lot of work. However, I'll be a lot better prepared for the next rehearsals. I'm all about the study aids.

suthol, Mrbob135, dkmw and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mrbob135

Look at you doing your homework! I wish some of the guys in my band would actually do their homework! Respect!

16. Wrong-Note Rod

thats the best thing about me - I show up sober, bathed, on time, and have actually tried to practice the given material.

Note: that does not make me sound like james burton or leon rhodes ;-)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.