Classic 60's tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Louthunder, Dec 19, 2008.

1. psycho gun

psycho gun Tele-Meister

by the way : what I like in the 60s models is the Tele Top Hat Switch ... I don't like the normal switch, the top hat is OK for fast pickup change.

2. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Platinum Supporter

You are correct Sir!

I had both together for about one year, and the only difference I could feel in the neck was that the 50's neck was slightly deeper at the first frets with a hint of "V". Above the 5th fret there was practically no difference ...

3. MatteusNova

MatteusNova Tele-Meister

I mixed Tele has a 60s neck, I find it to be excellent!

[​IMG]

4. Fender Mike

Fender Mike TDPRI Member

OMG, how much do I love this Tele' (and that's coming from a bassist). I only own one other guitar. A fender Roadhouse strat (which is really nice), but my Classic 60's screams at me to play her.

[​IMG]

5. sirloin

sirloin TDPRI Member

500K Pots

Degsycaster - How would you describe the change when you switched to 500K pots? I find myself wanting to turn the volume pot up another quarter turn on my 60's Classic only to find I'm at the end of the pots sweep. Don't have this issue on my other tele. Would a 500K volume pot fix this? Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.