Class-action Lawsuit against Fender

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmm

Tele-Holic
No one here said or implied any such thing.

Corporations get sued all the time. By government, by competitors, by class action lawyers looking for a payday. When they lose or agree to a settlement, they pay up. The people or companies who were found to be financially harmed get compensated. That's what civil courts are for.

This isn't a moral issue, it's a civil wrong, a tort. Not a crime.
Fender were not sued by Government.
They were charged with infringing the competition act. Not a civil case, criminal to be correct.

burntfrijoles

Doctor of Teleocity
Where on earth can you just go in and demand 20% off of an $1800(£2000) guitar and get it every time? I'd like to hear this.

Not here in the US you aren't. You might be able to ask if they can cut you a deal for a little money off but I don't know of anywhere that's going to just give into every customers demand that they want 20% off the price of their gear. All because they wanna be a liitle twerp and demand $500 off their guitar "or they ain't buying it". Smfh.
Oh, you probably can’t today because of supply and demand. In better days i would call or e-mail to ask a dealer “do you have any wiggle room on the price“, “can you do anything for me on the price”, “I’m just looking for the best deal I can find” and get offers anywhere from 10, 15 and yes, 20% off, particularly on higher end instruments. Also, when I’ve called the big box guys about their “exclusions” I’ve got them to honor their advertised coupon sale deals. I don’t “demand” anything. That’s a stupid negotiating strategy.
”smfh”…really? Please consider lowering the tone of your responses. It’s just a forum. It’s not Facebook.

Last edited:

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
This is wholly un-American. Oh wait, it's a UK-based firm. Yah, this'll go nowhere, this was just about having this article written and that's as far as it'll go.

Buffalo0993

Tele-Afflicted
Where on earth can you just go in and demand 20% off of an $1800(£2000) guitar and get it every time? I'd like to hear this.

Not here in the US you aren't. You might be able to ask if they can cut you a deal for a little money off but I don't know of anywhere that's going to just give into every customers demand that they want 20% off the price of their gear. All because they wanna be a liitle twerp and demand $500 off their guitar "or they ain't buying it". Smfh.
Less so today. But it wasnt that long ago that this was pretty standard. More with online retailers than brick and mortar stores

We are talking about 20% off list btw, not off the advertised price.

nickmm

Tele-Holic
Need to rename thread.
Mercans fail to comprehend the Laws in the majority of the world.

Do the Fender USA managers know they have shills posting on these forums?
Seems like a repeat of the criminal and illegal actions involved in price fixing by the UK representatives.
What a great company culture.

Last edited:

chezdeluxe

Doctor of Teleocity
You need to read the thread title.
It refers to the proposed civil class action.
Not the preceding government action which saw the fine imposed.
Need to rename thread.

Seems like a repeat of the criminal and illegal actions involved in price fixing by the UK representatives.

Buffalo0993

Tele-Afflicted
Need to rename thread.

Everyone comprehends the law.

Some of us think the law is silly.

Stop being schizophrenic. Its not some grand corporate conspiracy that people disagree with you

nickmm

Tele-Holic
Everyone comprehends the law.

Some of us think the law is silly.

Stop being schizophrenic. Its not some grand corporate conspiracy that people disagree with you
Thought you were done.
Fender UK violated the criminal law, but that is not "wrong" in your opinion.
I see you still are incapable of spelling and grammar in a basic form.
Let alone an understanding of the law.
I see you are still ignorant of basic communication skills.
If you want to shade me, learn to spell.

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
This has turned personal.

Treat everybody with respect.

Or go play elsewhere.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.