Class-action Lawsuit against Fender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave W

Poster Extraordinaire
I hate to be so blunt….but as a company…Fender sucks.

They’ve become a faceless, monolithic Goliath who couldn’t care less about their customers…much less their dealers.

Do I like some of their products? Yes I do…but their corporate culture leaves me cold.
That's pretty much the same thing some people were saying after Leo sold the company in 1965.

As corporations go, Fender is no Goliath.

They're in business to make money, but I think they care very much for their customers. YMMV.

nickmm

Tele-Holic
This doesnt hurt customers in any way whatsoever. Fender doesnt morally owe any of them money.

Im aware they broke the law. Doesnt mean they actually did anything WRONG
Different country different moral standard.
Guess Ford did nothing wrong with the Pinto.

“This will have affected schools buying instruments for their pupils to learn [with], budding musicians struggling to make ends meet while they gig in pubs and clubs, not just high-flying rock stars and bands.

Last edited:

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Yippee! Your check for $1.78 is in the mail. If they crossed the line they should bear the consequences, as it should be. If they are eventually found guilty maybe it sends a message that will make others think twice but the only folks directly benefiting will be the attorneys. Fender's not an evil company, it's just a company that makes good and not-so-good decisions like most companies.

nickmm

Tele-Holic
Yippee! Your check for $1.78 is in the mail. If they crossed the line they should bear the consequences, as it should be. If they are eventually found guilty maybe it sends a message that will make others think twice but the only folks directly benefiting will be the attorneys. Fender's not an evil company, it's just a company that makes good and not-so-good decisions like most companies.
They have been found guilty. Now the suit is about claiming the money.
When the Cost-Benefit Analysis crosses the moral line? This did and Fender have to pay for it.

And the cheque will be in Pounds Sterling.

Buffalo0993

Tele-Afflicted
Different country different moral standard.
Guess Ford did nothing wrong with the Pinto.

“This will have affected schools buying instruments for their pupils to learn [with], budding musicians struggling to make ends meet while they gig in pubs and clubs, not just high-flying rock stars and bands.

I dont think morality changes when you cross borders

Affects them how? No it doesnt affect them at all

If youre a school buying a bunch of instruments. Why wouldnt you negotiate a discount? Whats wrong with having them ask for a discount instead of advertising it?

I cant see anything morally wrong with what Fender did at all. And no one has explained it.

nickmm

Tele-Holic
I dont think morality changes when you cross borders

Affects them how? No it doesnt affect them at all
Okay
I bought a Ford Pinto in 1970 because I could not afford a safe car, why because the CEO needed a new Yacht
If a publicly funded school got ripped off by Fender in the UK..because the CEO needed a new Yacht.

Yes, this is writ large the attitude of corporate responsibility between countries.

Buffalo0993

Tele-Afflicted
Okay
I bought a Ford Pinto in 1970 because I could not afford a safe car, why because the CEO needed a new Yacht
If a publicly funded school got ripped off by Fender in the UK..because the CEO needed a new Yacht.

Yes, this is writ large the attitude of corporate responsibility between countries.

They didnt get ripped off at all. Youre supposed to explain how they got ripped off. And you still wont do it.

Yes this is your politics getting in the way of logically looking at a situation and assessing it properly.

The ford pinto couldnt be any more irrelevant. Are stratocasters exploding over there in the UK? What is the connection here?

nickmm

Tele-Holic
They didnt get ripped off at all. Youre supposed to explain how they got ripped off. And you still wont do it.

Yes this is your politics getting in the way of logically looking at a situation and assessing it properly.
I'm not making a value judgement on my politics. I'm looking at the facts of the case.

The UK court found Fender has broken the law and fined them 4.5 million pounds (5.5 USD)
Now the suit is about compensating the victims of the crime.

Saying breaking the law is not "wrong" is a value judgement.

Buffalo0993

Tele-Afflicted
I'm not making and value judgement on my politics. I'm looking at the facts of the case.

The UK court found Fender has broken the law and fined them 4.5 million pounds (5.5 USD)
Now the suit is about compensating the victims of the crime.

Saying breaking the law is not "wrong" is a value jument.

Right. Ive already agreed they broke the law.

Im asking how they "ripped off" their customers. Still no answer. Because they didnt. This is a victimless crime

nickmm

Tele-Holic
Right. Ive already agreed they broke the law.

Im asking how they "ripped off" their customers. Still no answer. Because they didnt. This is a victimless crime
Fender took money that was not rightfully theirs from its customers.
The suit is about the victims of that crime recovering some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.