Clapton on fire at the Fillmore

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
I never knew he sometimes played without a pick. See 2:03 to 2:26.

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Meister
That's what I sound like, in my head, just before my pick touches the strings!

Thanks for posting.

When I was first learning to play, I listened to some Clapton albums and couldn't see what the fuss was all about. Then one night - slightly stoned, admittedly!! - I watched a live set on TV and got it. I think Clapton, on a good day, playing live, justified every accolade ever thrown his way.

Cali Dude

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks for posting that. I really reimburse myself in the whole "Clapton" thing when Journeyman, 24nights, and From the Cradle were out. Great stuff.

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's
You can see he's really putting in on that. Thanks for posting.

Here's another one of my favourite Clapton moments. Again no pick.

No offense to EC here....

But as the godfather of guitar tone he is playing that old 335 with what looks like a tweed amp but to my ears it sounds like he's playing literally anything through a small SS crate amp on the "distortion" channel, nasty buzz saw thing going on there.

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Meister
You can see he's really putting in on that. Thanks for posting.

Here's another one of my favourite Clapton moments. Again no pick.

Jools Holland relates that in rehearsals for that show he was trying to talk to the band and someone was "whiddling" on guitar, making it difficult for him to be heard. He asked quite crossly who the hell it was and an apologetic Eric put his hand up!

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea of it and caught that tour. I became obsessed with the sound of 335’s having watching him play his at that show. I have a little road trip next week and will have to pick this up for the ride.