Cigarette on headstock

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HotRodSteve, Nov 3, 2014.

1. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Most are longer than 10 minutes. :)

For real, I can go for about an hour if I have to, but not if I'm playing in front of people.

2. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    Back when Fender started "Relicing" guitars they used to put a cig burn on the headstock.

3. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

I never got into cigarettes but I do smoke cigars, mostly the cheap drugstore cigar De Nobili, but I can go for days without having one or needing it, and then I can go days having two or three a day, and then off again. So there must be something extra in cigarettes that are much more addictive. BTW a De Nobili would fit on the headstock no problem.

4. dmarg1045

dmarg1045 Friend of Leo's

Better on the headstock than in your mouth.

5. jonrpick

jonrpick Friend of Leo's

My old Ampeg Gemini has a few cig burns on the top front edge. At nearly 50yrs old, I figure that amp has earned those scars. I don't plan to do any kind of cosmetic restoration. I like the patina... ;)

6. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

I did it quite a bit when I was smoking and you could smoke everywhere when I was doing a lot of gigs. I gave them up in January.

7. joshphase90wah

joshphase90wah Tele-Meister

My 90s Strat has one from its previous owner. Can't do the same thing with E-Cigs.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Sad.

9. repeatofender

repeatofender Tele-Afflicted

... and AA meetings!

10. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Friend of Leo's

I still smoke ...some...but they are too expensive to waste to let a guitar enjoy them.

Here the law says no smoking within 20 feet of a door and inside. I play a lot at an outside patio at a bar.I usually obey the law. At least until I smell the aroma of someone in the audience smoking something other than tobacco.

Then I'll light up.

Kind of a situation like when you are going the speed limit and someone passes you rapidly. You go a little faster thinking they are going to bust the other guy first!

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

our keyboard player is now wildly addicted to epuffing... it would be laughable except he is so addicted (he is a reformed alcoholic and drug addict) it is like watching a wild animal devour some prey...

our bass player coolly puffs stogies on break and seems to enjoy the ritual of it....

I really love coffee, but if I can't have it... it is no big deal. I'm really glad to not have those strong drives for smoke or drink... that must be terrible.

12. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

Same here.. I grew up in bars and honky tonks, but did start smoking or have a drink till I was in my 30s. I just didn't want to end up like those guys I was playing with. Every now and then I'll have a drink or a smoke, but it could be weeks, months, or years between.

13. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

14. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

Back in my old LA SoCal days (sixties) I used to go to an after hours club called the Cimarron which later became the Nashville West (famous for being Clarence White's gig). The jam was hosted by West Coast guitar legend Jimmy Bryant who was the fastest gun alive. Ol' Jimmy used to hold his cigarette between his middle and ring fingers of his right hand and he'd just put it up to his mouth when the urge hit him and take a drag or two during songs. When one got used up he'd light up another and keep it going. Needless to say, Jimmy died from lung cancer and it was a helluva loss as he was one of my heroes and I always admired his playing. We weren't friends but we were aquaintances and always got along well. I miss being able to see him play and jam with him on occasion but tobacco ended any chance of ever doing that again..........JH in Va.

15. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Can't wait for the Ecigs on the headstock.

16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I thought it was decided earlier that they wouldn't fit/weren't flexible.

Maybe a pair of magnets?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.