1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Christmas Tree

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 1293, Nov 28, 2020.

1. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

My wife's cousin is a Christmas tree nut. We went there for her Christmas party several years ago, and she had a total of 42 trees from several inches to eight feet in size, with each one having a different theme. THAT was impressive. I'm told she has added more over the intervening years. Pretty soon there won't be room for people in the house if current trends continue.
    As for us, one tree, scheduled to go up next weekend. As the friendly hobos said: "Hah! Bumhug!"

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Due to circumstances, we cancelled our annual Christmas tree cutting party for the first time in 23 years. It is typically the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We usually have a big campfire all day roasting hotdogs and marsh mellows. Sing-a-longs to my guitar playing. My homemade chili and assorted beverages including hot cocoa with peppermint snaaps. I bought land that was the historic Xmas tree spot for the local town 10 miles away. We have seven species and they grow like weeds, so every few years I have to take a weedwhacker with a chainsaw-like blade and cut hundreds of Xmas tree size down in our fire zone, but lots of average for foraging beautiful trees. People come up and take some back to other friends and relatives. It is a biggest fun-filled day of the year, so it is already dearly missed by many people.:(

68Telebass and Torren61 like this.
  3. IMadeYouReadThis

IMadeYouReadThis Tele-Meister

Living near the mountains, there's no better option than to cut your own tree. You can buy an artificial tree (convenient, nice if you're leaving town), buy one from a lot/farm (expensive), or spend $20 to cut any tree of your choice. Sure, finding a tree takes all day and you never really know what you'll get, but it's fun and each year's tree is unique and memorable. We've had 20ft trees and we've had 6ft trees. Didn't mind any of them.

I will admit though, The Tree Farm has a boppin' jingle. "You take I-25..."

4. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I miss the smell of a pine Xmas tree, made the home feel like it's Xmas time, but trees are getting fewer here in OZ.

5. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

We’ve put some lights on trees outside and will do a tree in the house.
    Went back to artificial last year - real trees so expensive for something decent, not to mention the mess!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.