Christmas Guitar pics ... Show em

ArdeliasTele

Tele-Meister
Birthday, actually, so a couple of weeks ago...but according to my wife it's close enough to also count as Christmas:

20211204_174307.jpg

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
Whether a Christmas day gift or an early Xmas present to yourself, now you got a chance to share a pic & excitement:D View attachment 932397
This Epiphone was a Christmas gift way back in 2004. It was actually the second time I owned this exact guitar which I had sold a few years earlier and always regretted. When I found it in a local store I was visiting it on my way home from work until one day it had been sold. Turns out my wife of the time had put it on layaway and saved it for Christmas. I was floored.
IMG_20211227_174104361~3.jpg
Sadly the marriage wasn't forever, but I still have this guitar and I will never sell it again.

This year I bought myself this beauty.
IMG_20211223_142623920~2.jpg

It wasn't technically a Christmas gift but it arrived on the 23th and is as close as I'm getting to a guitar Christmas present this year.

ArdeliasTele

Tele-Meister
This Epiphone was a Christmas gift way back in 2004. It was actually the second time I owned this exact guitar which I had sold a few years earlier and always regretted. When I found it in a local store I was visiting it on my way home from work until one day it had been sold. Turns out my wife of the time had put it on layaway and saved it for Christmas. I was floored.
View attachment 934051
Sadly the marriage wasn't forever, but I still have this guitar and I will never sell it again.

This year I bought myself this beauty.
View attachment 934053
It wasn't technically a Christmas gift but it arrived on the 23th and is as close as I'm getting to a guitar Christmas present this year.

I like my Tele, but I won't lie...I'm a total sucker for an SG.

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
I like my Tele, but I won't lie...I'm a total sucker for an SG.
Many years ago I grabbed the other guitar player's SG to finish out a set after breaking a string. It was so foreign in comparison to my Les Paul that I avoided them for years.

Eventually I broke down and got one and I was sooooo wrong. It was hands down my favorite guitar and now I guess I'm a 3 SG guy.
IMG_20211227_160042216~2.jpg

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
A few years ago my wife heard me talking about how I always wanted a Silver Jubilee, and how they were used on so many albums I listen to… out of the blue this turned up in the mail as my Xmas gift from her. I was, an am to a degree still speechless!!

Sounds absolutely fantastic!!

5AAE4025-FBD8-418F-8D36-BDF5470DCAE8.jpeg

Last edited:

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
A few years ago my wife heard me talking about how I always wanted a Silver Jubilee, and how they were used on so many albums I listenen to… out of the blue this turned up in the mail as my Xmas gift from her. I was, an am to a degree still speechless!!

Sounds absolutely fantastic!!

View attachment 934080

I am speechless! Great, great gift.

ArdeliasTele

Tele-Meister
Many years ago I grabbed the other guitar player's SG to finish out a set after breaking a string. It was so foreign in comparison to my Les Paul that I avoided them for years.

Eventually I broke down and got one and I was sooooo wrong. It was hands down my favorite guitar and now I guess I'm a 3 SG guy.
View attachment 934060

It's a disease....SG GAS is the worst strain of GAS.

I was never an SG guy either...or even a Gibson-style guy period...until my wife bought me the '61 Maestro below. Both the body profile and the playability are such a great combination of sexy and mean.

I only have 2 so far...and they're both Epis; I won't pay Gibson's headstock tax (no shade at those who do, just not something I personally choose to support), and Epi has been on fire the last few years. But sometime in the next couple months, I plan on grabbing one of the new Epi '61 "inspired by the custom shop" SGs...the ones with the Gibson BurstBuckers in 'em.

20211228_102508.jpg

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
It's a disease....SG GAS is the worst strain of GAS.

I was never an SG guy either...or even a Gibson-style guy period...until my wife bought me the '61 Maestro below. Both the body profile and the playability are such a great combination of sexy and mean.

I only have 2 so far...and they're both Epis; I won't pay Gibson's headstock tax (no shade at those who do, just not something I personally choose to support), and Epi has been on fire the last few years. But sometime in the next couple months, I plan on grabbing one of the new Epi '61 "inspired by the custom shop" SGs...the ones with the Gibson BurstBuckers in 'em.

View attachment 934148
Epiphones are great bang for the buck. I've had many many Epiphones and am happy to see they've changed their headstock shape recently.

The Red 61 RI in the pic was my first ever SG. I chose it because I like the smaller pickguard and it came with 57 Classics (my Humbucker of choice). However, I soon discovered that the neck on it just fit like a glove. Almost like it was designed for me. In truth I'm not really a big fan of Red guitars. It works on the SG but I always wanted one in black and that sparked a search leading me to the other two. 4 others didn't make the cut.

Not much past $1000-1500 is really worth the extra cash IMO but I recently inherited a bit of money and decided to splurge a little. Otherwise I couldn't possibly justify either of the black SGs.