1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Christmas gear haul

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by metalicaster, Dec 25, 2014.

1. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice. Hang onto the wife, she's a keeper! (so's mine 33 yrs so far).

I got this;

[​IMG]

Which should fill in 2015 nicely. Oh, and this -

[​IMG]

Which will take care of 2016 :eek:

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

No gear for Christmas this year, which was fine; I was pretty good to myself in that department for 2014. ;)

3. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Got a book. Not even a guitar book. No gear for me, alas. (But do I really need anything else? Need, or want. Hmmm...)

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I really don't need, or even want anything. My daughter in law surprised me though with tickets to Merle's concert at the Fox in April. Now all I gotta do is try and make sure that we both make it long enough to make it to the show! I'm gonna really enjoy this Christmas present! (If we make it, through December,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, January, February, March, into April.)

5. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

From reading through all of these various "whatcha get" threads it's pretty clear that musicians are an easy to lot to buy for. That's "easy" I'm saying, not "inexpensive". LOL

Congrats to all on their Christmas booty and kudos to the wives and girlfriends who shopped diligently to make sure their guys got what they wanted. Along with the Christmas booty they're "real keepers" too.

I'm a single man these days and my girls are all grown now so we don't exchange major gifts between ourselves any longer. They all get gift cards to their favorite restaurants and I get the joy of giving them to four beautiful daughters I love very much. That's my Christmas Day joy.

My Christmas gifts arrived a couple of weeks ago and since I buy them myself they're always the exact things I want and I haven't had to return even one of them yet, ever. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Scored a Malekko Ekko 616 analog delay. I've already gotten my "Run Like Hell" sound dialed in. Very cool score.

7. Tele Convert

Tele Convert Tele-Holic

My family was way too good to me this year. This was in addition to three dirt boxes I picked up before Christmas. Got some testing to do as there's some overlap. Oh, and a pedal board that needs built.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1419644613.717397.jpg

8. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

A $100 gift certificate for guitar center.
    And bronchitis (not music related).

9. '64 Tele

'64 Tele Tele-Holic

Cry Baby Wah.....

I'd had one back in the 70's, thought I'd lost it, found it, can't remember what happened to it (think I sold it back in late 70's). Friend of mine that plays guitar got it for me.

Guess I'm going to have to get bigger pedal board again...;)

10. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I accidentally fibbed in my last post.

I received a gift certificate in the mail for my music shop of choice, so I went there today and got:

1: An MXR Distortion III pedal (for me)
    2: A Harpsicle 'Stick' (for holding a Harpsicle more efficiently) (for my wife)
    3: A book of Bluegrass songs for Mandolin (for us)

All at a great discount.

So there was a gear component of this Christmas after all. Whew! I didn't want to start a new tradition! :D

Attached Files:

11. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

The Tex Mex came in the mail today so I'm going to go put it in tonight! Exciting! :D

12. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

I've toyed with the idea of getting a harpsicle for years (just for fun).

As for me, no gear (yet at least) but I don't expect any. I usually tell my family not to get me any gear because:
    1) I don't want them spending that much money on me and
    2) I can almost always get a better deal (buying used) than they can :cool:

13. portsider

portsider Tele-Meister

I got a Vibramate Spoiler for one of my Bigsby guitars anf three sets of strings. I expected those.
    Then my wife brings out this big box, an Allen and Heath ZED12 fx mixer. I had no idea that was coming. That is an extremely nice piece if gear.

14. majorbugout

majorbugout Tele-Meister

Line6 HD500x. Gotta get down to programming some patches. Welcome to the digital world, kid.

15. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Had my wife give me this Epi LP Classic project I picked up a few days earlier for $70. Pickups were in the case.

[​IMG]

16. cynic79

cynic79 Tele-Meister

A Korg Monotron Delay. Basically the soundtrack to "Forbidden Planet" in a box the size of a pack of cigarettes.

My mother-in-law kindly got me a gift card to Guitar Center, but GC managed to screw up the shipping, so it may be a while before I get that.

17. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

No gear for me. My wife thinks I have too much as it is. Which is probably true...

18. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

No gear, but a few guitar-related knickknacks from my daughter. Amp coffee mug, springy-guitarist pen holder and a dozen ballpoint guitar pens.

My in laws gave a me $100 in Amazon cards, but I think that's going into a new DSLR body rather than music gear. My photos of my kids' high school basketball games are presently much crappier than my guitar tone.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.