Chrissie Amphlett...

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
'I Touch Myself' was their calling card in the US, but I remember the first time I heard this one. Stunning.

I always thought of her as what Angus Young's bratty little sister would be, if Angus had a bratty little sister.

- D

Did she and Mick Jagger share the same lips and pout?
I like 'em on her better.

Bluey

Tele-Meister
A true frontwoman & cousin of Little Pattie ( Australian pop singer in the 60's). In the 80's Chrissie broke the long tradition of successful Australian rock bands only having frontmen. It was stated by Madonna that Chrissie was a influence on her career with performances like this when the Divinyls first hit the US.

artdecade

Poster Extraordinaire
Mark McEntee try to do a cash grab after she died by attempting a tour with an American girl as the singer. They sold about 11 tickets and everything was binned.

kLyon

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Mark and Chrissie changed my life; they brought me on my first real tour: Four months in Australia after a couple of months in LA working on demos. Not a minute of a bad time. She was an amazing woman and a great artist.
One story (of many): when I first met them, my hand had been broken in an auto accident and I couldn't play for six weeks. Ron Fair (at the time head of Chrysalis A&R, later head of RCA) hired me to engineer/produce the demos for their next LP. Just the three of us in a little 24-track studio in Laurel Canyon.
It was a blast.
The first time I asked her to double a vocal part, I had to look at the meters on the Otari MTR90 to make sure it was working; to see that I had the signal patched correctly. She was such an absolutely perfect singer that the double was indistinguishable: perfect pitch, perfect phrasing.
One of a kind.