1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by spotface, Oct 3, 2010.

1. spotface

spotface Tele-Meister

Saw them last night in Poway, CA. They covered it all, from Byrds hits to recent originals, classic early 50's country, bluegrass, and wrapped it up with a version of "It Doesn't Matter" (written by Hillman/Stills) that I never heard the lyrics to before. Their voices and harmonies were spot-on-excellent - phrasing and pitch right on from start to finish. Their version of "Eight Miles High" was excellent and took my wife and myself back to the 60's along with the rest of the audience. What an amazing musical journey these two have had. The legends they have each played with is a long and impressive list. Nice long set too.
    The show opened with the Eve Selis Band. Never heard of them before, but bought two CD's at the break. Great show - started out mellow and rocked the house at the end. Guitar players went acoustic, but I could tell one of them was more comfy on a Tele and later confirmed this in person. They were a bit more "Modern Country" than what I like to listen to, but they did kick butt. We were in the 2nd row. My wife saw Lee Ann Rimes a few years ago, also from the 2nd row and said Eve blew Lee Ann out of the water, both in vocal ability and performance. Good stuff.....

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I saw them a few years ago with Sally Van Meter playing Dobro. Chris became my favorite mandolin player. I wish I had a recording of that show. I was amazed at how good they were.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.