Chorus pedal with adjustable mix control by foot?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by udoering, Jul 14, 2016.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

I am looking for chorus pedal (which might be combined with a delay or another effect in one box) that allows to control the intensity of the effect (or wet / dry mix or whatever you want to call it) by an expression pedal. The only device I found is the Boomerang E-155, which costs a considerable amount of money. Are there other pedals in the market with this feature? Do you have personal experience with them?

2. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

My Neunaber Wet will. It's a reverb pedal with a jack to assign an expression pedal to any of the controls.

You can program it to be a chorus pedal.

3. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Get one of these instead, then any pedal or even a chain of pedals has a foot controlled mix control. You can line up chorus>delay>reverb pedals and any one of them or all of them can be foot blendable as you desire depending on which you turn on. Much better option than depending on a one certain pedal maker you happen to like adding a external blend control. You can even use it to blend distortions if you want. Having the blender seperate, your miles ahead in the race.

[​IMG]

4. EddieLocrian

EddieLocrian Tele-Afflicted

Mad Professor electric blue chorus.

This has a 0~100% blend.

Put a 2 inch rubber grommet on the blend knob, you can twist it with your sole.

ebc.gif

OK - Eddie.

5. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

The EHX Good Vibes is a chorus & vibrato with an expression jack that can adjust the speed or the intensity; whichever you desire. I don't have any personal experience with the Good Vibes but I have lots of experience with other EHX products and so far they've never let me down.
    Moog also makes a MF Chorus which can have the rate controlled by the expression pedal....all they're MF series has expression capabilies; even the overdrive and boost pedals!
    I have absolutely no experience with any Moog products however.

6. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Xotic X-blender

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The grommet idea is excellent. That opens it up for lots of chorizo pedals, like the Corona:

[​IMG]

FX Level is the wet/dry mix.

8. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

What's a chorizo pedal? Sounds yummy!

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

That was on purpose, I swear! Chorus pedals get such a bad rap, I think we need to rebrand them.

waparker4 likes this.
  10. robert donithan2

robert donithan2 Tele-Holic

A DigiTech rp90 or higher multi-effects pedal... I think they're $99 new....

11. blowery

blowery Tele-Meister

Source Audio One Series pedal. You can get the Gemini chorus, has a mix knob on it or you can use an expression pedal. There are also a bunch of other presets/usage phasers etc you can assign to this pedal.

With the app you can do a ton of stuff, add tremolo, phaser etc. You get 3 factory presets, and in the other mode another 3 presets you can add the above stuff. Great pedals.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  12. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Thank you all very much for your inputs. The grommet idea maybe cheap and easy, but as I know my skills to keep balance, it won´t work with me. In the meantime I also thought about a digital multieffect-device with built-in pedal, which would be the cheapest solution; the question will be: how good is the sound quality of the effect? The Mosquito Blender sounds like a good idea, as it is not limited to one effect. The Neunaber also sounds interesting. I think I will have to investigate more on the various options.

13. Lies&Distortion

I have to ask, would you be changing the mix or intensity of your chorus pedal often enough to make a 2nd & possibly 3rd pedal necessary?

Seems like a lot of work for the task. I like the big knob idea best.

14. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

As a regular attendant of the TDPRI Weekly challenge over at Twangers Central, I often record guitar tracks. One effect I relatively often use in Cubase is to put a vibrato in an effect channel, getting it´s input from the guitar track. If you then mix in the effect channel, you get a beautiful sounding chorus effect, and changing it´s intensity by in- or decreasing the effect channel´s volume is something I have learned to love. So that´s the reason why I would like to have the same functionality with my stompboxes.

15. mabley123

mabley123 Friend of Leo's

MOOG Clusterflux

This baby is all analog, has 5 expression pedal capability. Its not cheap.

upload_2016-7-15_14-10-9.png upload_2016-7-15_14-10-34.png

16. Lies&Distortion

I see, sounds like you have a plan! Carry
    on...

17. Lies&Distortion

18. mabley123

mabley123 Friend of Leo's

Yep. If you could pull it off.

You could have 2 EXP pedals under 1 foot, and 3 under the other, while sitting down.

But yes. You can use all 5 functions at the same time. I haven't done it.

19. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Kickdisk. Saw it on YouTube . Unwieldy perhaps but looks like it will do what you're asking. Just got a Donner Harmony chorus, has a mix knob. Great pedal!

20. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

I definitely would like to say thanks to everybody who gave an input here. Some of your proposals or ideas I would have never found by myself, and that is surely one of the benefits of this forum: that there are so many players who are willing to share their knowledge and experiences with others!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.