Chorus or phaser or vibe(univibe)

mitchfit

Tele-Holic
"the mojo vibe was too big, and just sounded to throby"

"The phase 90 was decent but a little to over the top."

didja check out an mxr 100? note the 4 flavors of wave shape and overlap on left dial in linked jpg above.

could be size prohibitive in a zero lot line board however.

mitchfit

1300 E Valencia

Friend of Leo's
Well, if you don't like "throbby", you should stay away from any pedal with "vibe" in its name, 'cause the "throb" is pretty much the raison d'etre of the Uni-Vibe and its various clones.

If it ain't got "throb", it ain't a "vibe". It's just a phase shifter...
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Funny, nobody's mentioned the Voodoo Lab Micro-Vibe. One of the first and best.
The BBE Soul-Vibe is good, too. Almost too much throb, if you can handle it. It has an internal trim-pot to tame the high end, making it more useful after distortion.
(Many, many people put vibes before distortion because the sweep from low lows to high highs can be a tad gnarly. Vibe before fuzz smooves this out.)

telefunken

Friend of Leo's
I can't say enough great things about the MXR Phase 45. It's more subtle than the Phase 90, which puts it into the faux vibe area. It's a two stage phaser so it doesn't overpower your original signal. Can do Trower/Hendrix with no problems. I love it!!

TCapp

Former Member
I can't say enough great things about the MXR Phase 45. It's more subtle than the Phase 90, which puts it into the faux vibe area. It's a two stage phaser so it doesn't overpower your original signal. Can do Trower/Hendrix with no problems. I love it!!

After listening to a lot of music and such I am leaning more towards a phaser than a vibe. Although a vibe may be in my future, for now I really like a phaser.

After playing the phase 90 and liking it but feeling like it was to much I would love to try a phase 45 or a DOD phasor 201 reissue. I'll probably order the DOD and see if I like it. Wish there was more out there on the 2 stage phasers.

Ricardo Moraes

Tele-Meister
Hi TCapp.

All prices indicated below are street prices, but you can get even more discounted prices during promotional sales in the internet.

Phaser -- within your budget I would suggest the CMat Mods [$140.00]. It has an excellent cost-benefit ratio. I always thank Cory Ferraro, from Prymaxe, for recommending it to me in the first place.

Chorus -- again, within your budget, nothing would beat the excellent (and simple - one control) MXR M148 Micro Chorus [$80.00]. They also make a Micro Flanger[$ 90.00] which is tops!

Vibe -- the only vibe that doesn't make me sick is the Lovepedal Pickle Vibe [$140], which is a simple (one control) pedal.

Abrzz.

TCapp

Former Member
Thanks! I've looked into the micro chorus and the pickle vibe. I don't really think I need or want a chorus now, but that is one on top of my list when that time comes.

The pickle vibe seems perfect for size and price, but it's simply just a phaser that is set to throb instead of sweep. The phase 45 and DOD Phasor 201 can get close to that, and be subtle at the same time. At least that's what my ears tell me.

I wish there was a good guitar store around me, but all I have near me is guitar center, and their pedal selection is pretty lame.

I'll be trying out a few in the very near future and will hopefully make a choice soon!