1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Chorus, Flanger, Phaser

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by telereissue, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Chorus. By a mile.

Boss Waza to be specific. Because it has vibrato mode (which for all I know is just double time chorus or chorus with no dry signal?).

But whatever. I need that Hammond/Leslie thing. Thats what I really use it for.

But it also has lush chorus if I want.

Rocky058 likes this.
  2. Jeremy_Green

Jeremy_Green Tele-Meister

Totally depends on the set list. A chorus is the most useful I’d say. So if I had to pick one I guess I just did.

wannabeatle likes this.
  3. Jimi Some Moore

Jimi Some Moore TDPRI Member

I recommend the MXR Phase 95, excellent pedal, quality, quiet, value for money, flexible and very small.
    The blurb goes like this :- MXR has combined two of the most-used phaser pedals ever made in the MXR Mini Phase 95 pedal. The original Phase 90 pedal was a four-stage phaser that practically defined the phaser sound for electric guitar, and the Phase 45 that followed was a two-stage phaser that delivered a smoother sound that blended better with certain music styles. You get both flavours in the MXR Mini Phase 95 pedal, switchable with the 45/90 toggle switch. The "Script" switch toggles feedback in the effect, providing a pronounced sweep when on and a lusher, more subdued sound when off.

4. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

Good old Boss chorus.

Rocky058 likes this.
  5. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

Phaser, hands down. Of course this is a matter of personal taste. A phaser can actually sound a bit chorusy when set up the lowest, it can also sound a bit like a vibe machine when set up fast. I definitely would put the phaser before the dirt chain, it sounds better that way to my ears. But you ought to try both before and after dirt. MXR 95 takes the win for me, for classic analog phaser sounds built into one unit.

But you also ought to get a good chorus, I'm a sucker for a good chorus as well. Definitely chorus after dirt for me.

GDR

telereissue likes this.
  6. Highway Chile

Highway Chile TDPRI Member

Tough call for me, as I love modulation pedals and I have more than one examples of all of these flavors. If limited to only one, it would be a “phased chorus” — i.e, a Univibe clone. Second choice, a Boss chorus.

7. MojoTrwall

MojoTrwall Tele-Holic

Flanger Can nails chorus tone (and some chorus the opposite).

8. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

Chorus.

Some frown on it, but it's a genuinely useful and versatile effect.

wannabeatle likes this.
  9. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

I have a Zoom MS-100BT multistomp so I can them all - all at the same time if I want! - but I keep coming back to chorus.
    When I used to own a flanger pedal I kept it dialled right back so it sounded more chorus-y. The big sweeping flange sound is ok as a special effect but I think it’s not so generally useful in a live context.

10. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe Tele-Holic

I would buy a Phaser or a Marshall RG, which has two chorus modes, flanger, phaser, step phaser and vibe.

I'm very happy with mine

11. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Flanger, especially TC Vortex... Loads of options with that :cool:

12. deus56

deus56 Tele-Meister

Flanger
    [​IMG]

northernguitar likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.