1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Chords for The Shadows version of Stardust

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by tubeswell, Nov 1, 2009.

1. tubeswell

tubeswell Friend of Leo's

I can play the lead easily enough - that bit is not the problem it is the chords in behind it.

I think I've got most of them, but I know there are some I can't quite git. I looked all round the net and couldn't find a single chord tab for this, so I had a go over the last 6 months of listening and re-listening and tabbing and re-tabbing and re-re-tabbing (til I'm fed up with tryin' to tab it), but I still don't have it quite there yet. If anyone else'd care to have a look at what I've done (my own interpretation) and maybe if you know you could kindly tell me where I've gone wrong. These old ears ain't what they used to be. The bits I'm the least certain about are the chords for last lines of the 2nd and 3rd verses.

Not that I typically care for pinpoint accuracy in my own interpretations of other songs, but I would really like to know specifically what they were playing in the background, purely for my own edification :rolleyes:

Any ideas/comments gratefully received

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. jazztele

jazztele Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

check out the vanilla book, it's got stardust

http://ralphpatt.com/Song.html

props to ralph pratt, as always.

if there's some chords you don't know, i'll help.

oh, and btw, look into learning to read music. there's tons of stuff out there that you can't find tabs for, but charts in standard notation are readily available.

3. Erik8

Erik8 Tele-Meister

--

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. tubeswell

Thanks for the link. BTW I've known how to read music for 40 years (40 years of piano playing and 30 years of geetar playing), but this once I was hoping to have some fun figuring it out by ear. I think I'm nearly there for the original key (E) - with a key change to F in the last verse - of The Shadows early recording of it.

5. jazztele

jazztele Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

that's good to hear--and i didn't mean to suggest you didn't know...there's just a lot of cats on the innnermess looking for tabs to everything, and i want to tell those people, "hey, do a little work and you can play anything!"

hope that link helped--an easy transposition down to E.

6. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

7. tubeswell

Thanks for that very useful link Boblets.

Unfortunately he doesn't have chords for their version of Stardust either, but I have now sent him an email with a copy of my tab to see what he has to say.

Cheers

8. tubeswell

Okay I found another forum of Shadows aficionados and between the efforts of another forum member there and myself, I came up with this amended tab, which I think is more accurate. I have also amended my earlier non-sensical quick chord ref at the bottom of the page. Any further criticism welcomed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.