Choose one

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
some great dream memories looking at those christmas catalogs back then...a highlight of the year leading up to christmas

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
#7. I actually owned a mid / late '60s Penncrest guitar that would virtually be identical except mine had a yellow bursted top.

1guy

Tele-Meister
It definitely would've been 3...the headstock looks closest to a Fender, and I used to draw the logo on my guitar. But I'd have wanted the 3 pickups of 1...3 pickups HAS TO BE better than 2, according to my 12 year old thinking. And my buddy had a 3 pickup kinda Strat copy and his had 3 pups and no way I was gonna let him outdo me.

Another friend had the Beatle bass and years later, I asked him about it's whereabouts and to my surprise, he thought he had given it to me and had no idea where it was.

Reactions: TG

drumtime

Tele-Afflicted
I had the hots real bad for something like #1 - lots of pickups, knobs, and switches. My parents got me a used one of these instead (not mine - pic off Reverb):
1653319016235.png

I had enough sense to know that I had scored big time. This was Christmas, 1963.. I still have it.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
#6...because when I was ten years old, it was about the most expensive item on the page 😂🤣.

Note: I have a very similar Gretsch Streamliner (green)...it cost twice as much;).

But today #6 is worth a bit more.
Here's an H76 for $2700

Last edited: