Check out this cutie! She needs a new home!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by telemnemonics, Nov 9, 2019.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

No affiliation it just popped up in a search for something else.
    I had a Supro built Wards Airline Reverb unit, that was very cool but more of an effect than a versatile reverb. Sounded better on electric violin than guitar.

This listing is mislabeled though, it has a speaker so I'd guess it's basically a Tweed Champ with reverb built in Chicago. A rare amp I'd say?
    No promises on what it actually is...

The pretty face alone deserves some love, even if it doesn't sound all that great, but I'd bet one or two of us needs her in our lives!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=123962740824

2. telemnemonics

4DDE202A-FF80-4544-973A-E9C9DBB74D7E.jpeg Quick pic in case you’re staying off eBay or skeered to shop...
    I’m trying really hard to not shop for gear right now but the durn stuff just flies into my computer.

Fretting out likes this.
  3. telemnemonics

DE248031-52CB-474E-BF28-E129322D8E07.jpeg 77BB2236-519D-48A7-93AD-3134A7BF83A6.jpeg More pics off my computer screen showing PT, probably OT, and speaker in this “reverb unit”.
    If it goes for $450 it’s a good deal IMO, but again I can’t confirm it is what it appears to be.

4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Well, I can say this about that. Last year I was burglarized. They stole my Fender tube reverb '63 reissue. I'm sick about that. The only ones I have seen for sale are over 1000.00 bucks. I had that in front of any amp I had played through and I can't tell you or anyone how much I miss that reverb. I might give this a long look. Thanks. I could always change out the tank and d/c the speaker later. Nice box.

telemnemonics likes this.
  5. telemnemonics

Sorry you got robbed of a favorite piece of gear, that sucks.
    I bought that reissue Fender reverb the year it came out and have the Supro reverb unit at the same time.
    I’m not sure the Supro reverb amp is the same reverb circuit but mine was not a replacement for the Fender unit by any stretch. More of a garage tone sort of thing.
    I think it was not the transformer powersection driving the tank, so even modding it would likely cost as much as a new build Fender reverb.

6. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I just went and looked and there is one Fender reissue for 750 and the rest are "yikes!" I miss that freaking thing like you cannot believe. Part of my soul was taken. Enough. Cool Supro.

telemnemonics likes this.
  7. telemnemonics

I did some searching for this model Supro and it seems it is not a guitar amp you plug the guitar into, but rather a speaker replacement you plug the output of an amp into. Which adds reverb post amplification.
    Strange and I've never seen one like it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.