Cheapest fender ive ever seen in the uk

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by spruce, Jun 18, 2011.

1. spruce

spruce Banned

i nearly bought this today , the neck had a tiny chip out of the back and there were two large chips to the edge of the fretboard , also the tuning posts had glue around them on the face of the headstock , i know nothing of this model either . Do you think i should have got it and maybe restored it

Attached Files:

2. Joely

Joely Tele-Meister

looks cool. you should get and pimp it up!! nowt to loose... was this a cash converters?

3. Joely

Joely Tele-Meister

In 1993 Fender released a Mexican-made reissue Duo-Sonic in a 22.7" scale. It was available in black, torino red and arctic white and cost $259.99. It was dropped from the Fender line in 1997 but was then launched again as a Chinese made Squier Affinity model in 1998 only to be dropped in 1999.

In 2008, the Duo-Sonic was re-released by Fender's Squier brand in the Classic Vibe series of guitars. It is intended to be closely modeled after the model released in the 1950s and looks very similar with a maple fret-board, gold pick-guard and Desert Sand body. Difference include the material used for the body is now basswood, the neck is now a 24" scale and is C-shaped with more modern medium jumbo frets

from Wikipedia

4. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Two Single coils and 3-Way Switch?, (Tele is disguise). I don't recognize the bridge or model. Looks like a nice guitar though. How's the neck feel?

PS - Just read above entered before I entered mine......well that answers most of my questions.

"If it feels good...do it!"

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

I have seen one cheaper:D .A USA Strat for 75 quid ...........but was in about 1961-2:lol:

6. spruce

spruce Banned

Cash generator , I'm broke thou lol

7. spruce

spruce Banned

Informative , thank you

8. spruce

spruce Banned

It felt good I was just concerned about the 2 chips of the edge of the freeboard about an inch long by 2mm wide each of em , like it had been grabbed in a vice and the sides splintered off

9. spruce

spruce Banned

Lol

10. DOGMA Dunn

DOGMA Dunn Friend of Leo's

Is that like $200 USD?

11. A.B.Negative

A.B.Negative Friend of Leo's

Pretty close.

12. Joely

Joely Tele-Meister

Can you haggle in Cash Generators/Converters ....... even though its second hand stuff in those shops it always seems to be on the pricey side!!

13. redstringuitar

redstringuitar Poster Extraordinaire

You could try...they can only say no.

Pity you weren't there when the guy brought it in, you could've offered him a bit more cash than they did, would've been a lot less than what they're asking for it now, no doubt.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.