Cheap Tuner Pedals...recommendations

TX_Slinger

Tele-Holic
Under $100. The Outlaw Pedals Six Shooter II is all over the place but I can't find a single image showing the display. Their own site doesn't show it (there's your sign)... going from a MFX with with tuner to a NUX Amp Academy which doesn't feature a tuner and just a home player so I don't need $120 tuner. What do you own and what's your love/hate for it?

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
Ibanez big mini. Good display. Accurate. Small footprint. Check it out.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
At gigs, I always have headstock tuners as a fail-safe, say my pedal board has an issue ( it does happen sometimes)

But I'm still very happy with my old Boss TU-2 ( now a TU-3), regardless of cost ( have no idea what these cost today) because it actually performs 3 solid functions:
- it is ( duh!) a guitar tuner, and can be configured a few different ways ( displays/tunings)

- it is a buffer for your other pedals, to help maintain a clear/ bright signal

- it is a 'power distributor' for my other pedals ( for me, just 3/4 max) in that it has Power IN, OUT jacks
I plug one 1-Spot adapter into Power IN, and run daisy-chain from Power OUT to all other pedals.
Plenty of clean power ( but I'm very pedal basic)

- it still can take a battery if you ever just want to grab it, for an acoustic guitar, or no board jams ( I'm the same way about OD pedals- I still want them to have batteries, so I can just use 1, headstock tuner, & no board)

So for me, a pedal tuner does not have to be a Boss, but it has to do all of the above! ( worth the $$ for features)

sudogeek

Tele-Holic
I use a TC Electronics Polytune - $89 list but you see sales from time to time. I think I paid $70. Bright display (borderline too bright), battery or 9V adapter, power out, switchable buffer (like many tuners), solidly built, does the job.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Under $100. The Outlaw Pedals Six Shooter II is all over the place but I can't find a single image showing the display. Their own site doesn't show it (there's your sign)... going from a MFX with with tuner to a NUX Amp Academy which doesn't feature a tuner and just a home player so I don't need $120 tuner. What do you own and what's your love/hate for it?

Maybe you don't need a pedal at all? I have a Boss that I like and use at practice and gigs but I rarely use it at home. I use either a clip on that usually laying around or I have a 'desktop' type one that I usually use for adjusting intonation etc. The boss lives in a bag at home ready to take to rehearsal.

Blrfl

Tele-Afflicted
Under $100. ... just a home player so I don't need $120 tuner.

Counter-argument: Buy it nice or buy it twice. I've found that having a really-good tuner makes my instruments sound a lot better and increases the enjoyment I get out of playing.

I'm partial to Petersons because of their sweetener feature, which makes it easy to tune some of my guitars with the James Taylor tuning. The one I own is the clip-on, but if I needed one in pedal form, I'd plunk down for the StroboStomp HD without hesitation.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I've had a Korg DT-10 tuner for at least 10 years. It doesn't 'hunt around' near as bad as the previous Boss did.... which is why I bought it. I would NEVER buy a Boss again, although I usually like Boss pedals. The Korg is a large format, maybe 5" x 5" older silver one.

But for home? Why not just a clip on?
I have a Monoprice headstock tuner that recharges from your computer USB. $14