Cheap Multi modulation Pedal: Mooer vs. Aroma Vs. Nux Vs. ?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Muzik4Machines, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Muzik4Machines

Muzik4Machines TDPRI Member

Between the mooer Mod Factory, Aroma Mod Station and the NUX Mod Core

I almost never use modulation, but for the rare time i need phaser, vibe or tremolo, i need a cheap multi mod i can throw in front of my dirt (i have my RT-20 for after dirt mod)

They all claim to be true bypass, which is important because the Fuzz face (which i will not be using with pre-mod)

Which one do you think is the best of the 3, i'd really prefer mooer or aroma as they are smaller, but the Mod core seems to have more control(s)

2. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds like you've addressed one of the caveats I had when I was looking at the Mooer Mod Factory - I wanted about an equal amount of the effects pre-dirt and post-dirt. For myself, the potential versatility of the unit is a bit lost from jumpstreet due to placement considerations.

To add to that, reviews that I've read don't speak very highly of the individual sounds within the Mod Factory. "Thin" is a descriptor that I've read several times. I would never advise someone to buy or not buy something that I've not played, and I won't do that here either - I will just say that the results of my research were that I decided to pass on this one.

I've never played any of the digital Mooers but I own and gig several of the analog pedals; I can vouch for their sound quality, reliability, and durability.

I've not looked at the other two boxes that you mentioned.

3. Muzik4Machines

Any other advices?

4. Muzik4Machines

so for my live board i'm between the nux mod core (44$) and the valeton coral mod (104$), which one should i buy? from the demos they sound equivalent, is there a volume drop issue with any of them? (the studio board will get the source audio i'm 90% sure

5. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf Tele-Holic

I know this is an old thread but I got here by way of looking for a replacement for the Mod Factory I just got off CL.
    Thin is absolutely right. Some people call it a volume loss, I think it's more than that, it does affect your tone significantly. The tremolo and Univibe are alright, and I like the wah but it still is thin. I think the chorus and flanger are useless.

I wouldn't recommend the Mod Factory. The Zoom CDR70 and the Donner Alchemy seem to sound much better but I only have room for a mini pedal.

I'm trying to learn more about the Cameron Coral Mod sin e it's small and in the right budget.

If not I may get a single effect pedal (tremolo) as it's the main mod I use.

6. foundjoe

foundjoe Tele-Holic

A lot of these products are the same but rebadged. There are several other name brands that seem to be as each orher.

7. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

The Zoom MultiStomp pedals have enough different effects that you might be able to bump smother pedal to make room. I recently put my MS-50G on my board to replace the TR-2, a DD-3, and my PitchBlack. Since the MultiStomp lets you put together strings of effects, you can add an EQ or whatever else you need to make the modulation effect sound "right". I usually keep it set up with just an analog delay fir my slapback effect, but it also does all those "nice to have" effects that I only need once in a while.

8. brox

brox NEW MEMBER!

I've found the key to taming extreme and cheap pedals is the simple Boss LS-2. It allows you to mix in your clean signal with the processed one. Of course you can do more with it, but it is a simple way to make otherwise unusable sounds usable in more situations. Should also fix the volume drop problem of many problems easily without modifications to the pedal.

Lostinsound likes this.
  9. brown meadows

brown meadows Tele-Meister

The NUX is good for the price. I don't like the chorus or flanger very much (kind of blah). The phaser, vibe, trem, pitch vibrato, and rotary are excellent. I paid under $40 for mine. Build quality is close to the TC pedals. I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't manufactured by the same outfit as the TC's. I compared them side by side.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.