CHEAP delay pedal with 100% wet capability ?

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Or as it's been called lately, "kill dry". I really don't care which way it achieves wet only, be it a mix or level control thats zero dry signal when all the way up, a second output for wet only, or a kill dry switch. As long as it definately will allow a wet only output.

As for delay quality....i could care less. It will be used to go to a second delay only amp and the repeats of any delay have never mattered to e because quality is a non issue. In a way it's actually better if quality is low because that will leave amp #1, the dry only amp to remain tonally superior. And it will only be used for a very low amount of delay anyways, somewhere around 15-20%. In any case, wet only is absolutely necassary, and the cheaper the better......any ideas?

Ben Harmless

Poster Extraordinaire
I believe that all the EHX memory-people pedals can go full-wet, and the Memory Toy is usually pretty cheap, especially used.

Don't forget that most delays with dual outputs have an option to get full-wet out of one of them - sometimes by using a dummy plug in the other. This does not apply to everything though. RTFM.

Oh, and the Flashback Mini delay is generally not too pricey, and can go full-wet via the Toneprint editor.

Hooray for fun wet amp setups!

Silverface

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Maybe if you described exactly what you are trying to do you'd get more...and better responses.

"low quality" and the dry being "tonally superior" are not real clear, and 15-20% of the dry signal level is actually very loud.

So do you want a "$25 analog or digital delay that sounds like crap for only one repeat"? That's what I'm reading, more or less.

For what, musically?

And a caution - if you'l be turning it on and off cheaper is NOT better, because the footswitches are usually fake and just activate a small electronic switch that doesn't last long. The jacks are often mounted with plastic nuts as well.

So unless this is for a one-shot project cheaper isn't going to be better.

Anyway, a clearer description of the REASON for your need and a musical description or example ywould really help - otherwise you may be steered the wrong direction.