Cheap Customised Custom Partscaster.

Footsore

Tele-Meister
I had a few bits laying around including an American Performer double tap humbucker, a nice parchment pickguard, a spare bridge plate, some string ferrules a Player Series bridge pickup and some tuners so decided to see if I could use them for a cheap Partscaster.
I found this double bound body on eBay for $120 US posted to Australia and decided on a 60s Custom theme so paired it up with an Allparts neck with rosewood fretboard from Axecaster in UK. All up cost about $475 Aussie dollars.
I still have to get a control plate and knobs but have all of the electronics in my parts box so should be able to get it done for not much more than $500 or $360US.
BTW the neck fits the body like a glove.
IMG20220505135925.jpg

Fritzy1959

TDPRI Member
I had a few bits laying around including an American Performer double tap humbucker, a nice parchment pickguard, a spare bridge plate, some string ferrules a Player Series bridge pickup and some tuners so decided to see if I could use them for a cheap Partscaster.
I found this double bound body on eBay for $120 US posted to Australia and decided on a 60s Custom theme so paired it up with an Allparts neck with rosewood fretboard from Axecaster in UK. All up cost about $475 Aussie dollars.
I still have to get a control plate and knobs but have all of the electronics in my parts box so should be able to get it done for not much more than $500 or $360US.
BTW the neck fits the body like a glove. View attachment 980027
Nice…Love a double bound telecaster - will watch this thread with interest😎

Footsore

Tele-Meister
Nice…Love a double bound telecaster - will watch this thread with interest😎
Mate this body is incredible for the money. Even if it isn't a two piece Alder body as advertised it is very nicely done with a semi gloss finish and a two colour burst with just a hint of red. If only I can get the neck to look as good.
This is the second body I've bought from this bloke in China and even the pickguard screw holes are in the right place. The first was a beautiful mahogany Thinline, again immaculate. Both were advertised used but both were unmarked without the slightest sign of use

Fritzy1959

TDPRI Member
Excellent….Thats a great price…and good quality too from what you’ve said. Sounds like a good contact going forward👍

Not parts casters but I‘ve attached my double bounds below…

A 2006 Deluxe in Aged Cherry Burst with S1 switching which is stock

E6920EE9-C812-4DF7-B04B-28EED7FE0CF8.jpeg

And a recently acquired 2013 Squire Custom Telecaster in black…with black headstock which is a project guitar.(New tuners, brass saddles, reversed control plate, black pickguard)
5A961FEB-F08E-49CF-BD9A-5D30053965B7.jpeg

😎