Chassis - Cab fit?

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Ed Storer, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Ed Storer

Ed Storer Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Will a Bandmaster "bolt in" to a Super Reverb cabinet (and vice versa) without any modifications to the cabinet?

I ask because I have my SR chassis in a 2 x 10 cabinet at the moment and the original cab with CTS alnicos is safely covered in a heated storage facility. Though I'm not looking to sell an amp immediately, I'd like to be prepared to know what variations I could offer.

It seems that the Bandmaster and the Super Reverb shared the same chassis, but I don't know where to look for confirmation other than asking the knowledgeable contributors on this forum.

Thanks - Ed

2. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Tele-Afflicted

3. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

I expect it should; the BF Bandmaster and BF Concert shared the same chassis, in turn the BF Concert and BF Super Reverb shared the same cabinet.

4. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

As long as the Super Reverb isn't one of the later 70 watt models the BMRV chassis should be a direct fit. The later UL 70 watt SR amps used the same chassis as the UL Twin amps, but only had 2 6L6s.

5. Ed Storer

Ed Storer Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The SR is a '69. Thanks for the help.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.