Charvel pro-mod DK24 HSH pickups

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ToddW, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ToddW

ToddW TDPRI Member

I just got this guitar and having a problem with the middle single coil pickup in that I am always hitting with my pick while playing. I believe that the height of the middle single coil pup is adjustable, but not sure and would like to lower it some to have more clearance for my pick. I see 2 screws on the cover, 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom but they appear to only be there to hold the pup cover in place. So I thought I would just remove the cover to see if there are additional screws under the cover for adjusting the pup height. But no way to remove the cover without taking off the strings. Don't really want to do that unless I know there are actually adjusting screws under the cover. Anybody adjusted the height on their middle single coil? If so, how did you do it? Also, would like to know if you could move it deeper into the body. Right now, my middle pup is about 4 or 5 mm below the low E string and even if there are adjuster screws for the pup, that might already be as deep as it goes. Thanks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.