Charlie Manson dead!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 3fngrs, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

At the risk of being controversial:

Since this is a Telecaster forum, I really don't think talk of Charles Manson has any place here. It belongs on Fox News, MSNBC or some other news media type forum.
    He didn't play a Telecaster, did he?

Let's get back to celebrating Malcolm Young, George Young, Tom Petty, Prince, etc.

2. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

[QUOTE="Endless Mike, post: 7997575, member: 132828" I'm logging out and saying sayonara to this place.
    Thanks![/QUOTE]

I hate use your last post as an analogy...but you keep trying to project your perception that when people say "good riddance" to Charlie Manson that they are actually joyous.

No. It's no different than your grand exit announcement. It's not something anyone is joyous about...it's just not something to grieve over.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, there are whole areas of this website dedicated to discussing the Telecaster. There is also a forum here for discussing the work of any musician you like: Music To Your Ears.

This here is the Bad Dog Café, where we are free to discuss whatever we like, as long as it doesn't stray into banned topics. So, along with discussions about guitar straps, computer problems, and electric cars, we can also talk about things that some might find off-putting. For those people, though, we are lucky enough to have the option to not read those threads.

4. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I hate use your last post as an analogy...but you keep trying to project your perception that when people say "good riddance" to Charlie Manson that they are actually joyous.

No. It's no different than your grand exit announcement. It's not something anyone is joyous about...it's just not something to grieve over.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark. :):D

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Cadfael

Cadfael Tele-Meister

In the German version of Ben Hur (1950s Charlton Heston version)
    the (former) slave woman (Ben Hur's future wife?) says:

"As a dog can only bring birth to a dog, hate can only bring birth to hate..."
    Her solution is Jesus to break the circle of hate...

You needn't love the one who hates you - but hate can only bring birth to hate...

A shame that Charlton Heston never really understood these words!

6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

And it's too bad other folks can't understand these words:

No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

3fngrs and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Five of the Tate/La Bianca murders were on my birthday; no kidding. I hope that their loved ones have some closure now that Manson is dead.

8. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

Yuck.

I used to go to a high school here in Los Angeles where directly across the street was a crematorium that
    they usually started operating around 1:00pm everyday. Just right after lunch and
    into math class.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Twofer?

10. mally

mally Tele-Holic

Apparently not
    should be some kind of relief, but oddly enough, it really isn't," Debra Tate said in a phone interview. "While Charlie may be gone, it's the ones that are still alive that perpetrated everything, and it was up to their imaginations for what brutal things were going to be done. In an odd way, I see them as much more dangerous individuals."

11. mally

mally Tele-Holic

"And in that way Charlie was the least of my worries. And I actually pray for his soul," she added.

12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I like turtles.

FenderGyrl, 8barlouie, tery and 2 others like this.
  13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You don't think "Marilyn Manson" didn't make wads of cash out of the employment of the Manson tragedy? I see a direct line.

14. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Afflicted

He didn't. There's a law specifically designed to prevent that.

15. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

SMH

So he'd still be the rich man he is if he'd have used the name "Brian Warner"?

The law applies to the perpetrator, not to outside parties.

16. boris bubbanov

Yeah.

Endless Mike's Absolutist approach to the demise of any human being (however malformed and foul that being) is deserving of some respect - I think so.

But the need for a society to rip up the past sometimes and put demons behind them and start over, and try to move on and hope for better, is also a supremely important objective.

Mike, if you ever come passing by, it isn't that things are especially sour at TDPRI. It is more that a sort of pall has fallen over the whole continent, in the last year, and this has to pass over and we can get back to our innocence - the sense of rebirth of the 2nd half of the previous century.

Folks who were comparing the Tate/Labianca murder spree to current events should recall, that in some ways it is the Context of the murder spree that makes it so ghastly. It was the Summer of Love and for a short while it seemed like nothing could keep the world from getting better and better. Then Charlie and his Family brought us back down. You know had the same thing happened amidst WWI, WWII it wouldn't have meant nearly so much.

And by the same token, now that things are so buggered right now, an event like these murders, today, wouldn't actually matter much either.

Charles Manson took my innocence away. And for that, I hope Manson is eternally screwed. I don't rejoice that he's dying now - I wanna know why he didn't die quite some time ago.

Toto'sDad and BorderRadio like this.
  17. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

It sucks a little that Chuck is getting another 3 hour special on TV when Lynyrd Skynyrd wasn't even mentioned on Oct 20 for the 40th anniversary of their crash. I know we all got a little wrapped around the axle when Petty died, and we spent Oct 20 reliving him on his birthday. It seemed significant to me anyway, probably because it was also my birthday...

18. boris bubbanov

Ya-what?

A letter from the government to "Marilyn Manson" telling him to C + D the name or any variation of it, or risk going to jail? What the "law" you speak of provides is nothing (for MM) other than bait; or vigorish if you will - not what I just postulated.

Part of why I wish that Charlie Manson had choked to death or something in 1969 is, his "star" would have faded now and people of the sort of "Marilyn Manson" would have had to find other cadavers to feed on.

19. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

My brother's birthday too.

ZackyDog likes this.
  20. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

His death seems a symbolic victory for good over evil IMO .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.