Charlie Crockett

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by fendertx, Dec 5, 2019.

1. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've been on a Sirius Outlaw Country kick this week and I've taken notice of this guy.
    Man, I'm digging this dudes music. Anybody hip to him? New to me, but no idea about how well known he may be.

RodeoTex likes this.
  2. KWal

KWal Tele-Meister

He's been fairly well known and popular around the Dallas / Fort Worth area for about the last four or five years. Even getting some airplay on the local public and "non-commercial" radio stations.

I can dig him. Nice throw back feel to his style with some enjoyable musicianship to back it up.

fendertx likes this.
  3. G&Lplayer

G&Lplayer Tele-Meister

Charlie and company are great. Got to mix them several times. Now they have gotten big time and have their own engineer. Great party music, great musicians and best of all really nice people.

fendertx and KWal like this.
  4. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Yes had a wonderful night at the American Legion Nashville on a Honkey Tonk Tuesday night a couple years ago, and Charlie was one of several performers..great singer and showman

fendertx likes this.
  5. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

I bought one of his albums based solely on hearing it in a record shop. Good tunes. The record got a lot of play at my house. Caught him live at a local venue and it was a big let down. Band was weak and loose...Charlie was pitchy as hell. Big disappointment I'm sorry to say. Maybe they were just having an off night?

fendertx likes this.
  6. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

yeah, I've been let down at live shows as well. I will usually give the Artist a pass, much like you(perhaps an off night). I might watch for him to play locally and see what I think

7. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

I'm fairly certain the band was not the same players as on the record. The music didn't seem right. My wife and I had some serious playtime with the record and we both held the same opinion about that live show.

fendertx likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.