1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

"Charley's" Telecaster - information?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by kinan, Oct 26, 2020.

1. kinan

kinan TDPRI Member

Hi guys, whats up?

Looking for my one :) Telecaster
    On my journey, I found a guy that sale this one, its not Fender but "Charley" make.
    Was made in 2012 and serial no. 009

I can't find much information about it or other Telecaster made by him (I see some strat) - anyone have idea who made it in 2012? how many were made? did you play one? is it collectable? IMG_4501.jpg
    Any information will help!

Thanks,
    Kinan

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    brookdalebill likes this.
  2. kinan

kinan TDPRI Member

Anyone?

3. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

4. kinan

kinan TDPRI Member

5. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

I think you answered your own question about collectability. It's a guitar made by a once famous guitar store but it's not special by itself. The strat was worth money but that was because it was played by SRV.

kinan likes this.
  6. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

Charley's is a guitar store in Dallas. They deal mostly in high-end/boutique/vintage instruments.

They went into this niche well before it became commonplace -- like when "relic" meant it was really an old, played guitar.

I'm glad they exist because the industry needs places like that. They carry some of the things you'll never find in a big box music store. I tried my first carbon-fiber acoustic there.

I haven't personally bought much there because I'm cheap. They also kind of turned me off when a behind-the-counter expert condescendingly told me something I flat knew to be incorrect. I don't even remember what it was years later. And if I boycotted every store that gave out bad information, I would never buy anything, so no hate for them from me.

But, man, they really, really ride that SRV lipstick-pickup guitar for all it's worth. I remember it (or a copy of it) was prominently in a glass case right when you come in the door.

They do put together parts guitars. I'm not sure where they source the parts, though. I would just judge the guitar on its own merits and not put too much in the name. It's a small-shop partscaster.

kinan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.